Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

is there such thing as an online tuner?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by mattzink, Dec 5, 2002.

1. mattzink

mattzink

Jun 21, 2002
    Bloomington, IN
    does anyone know if there's a website that one can log onto for tuning? you know - just find it and it offers e-a-d-g tones that you can tune to? if there's no such thing, somebody should start one - just credit me, would you? (kidding.) be well and i hope you east coast guys are getting along okay with all the snow you just got. take care, matt

2. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    Hey Matt,

Never heard of such a thing but I do know that the dial tone of a phone is F.

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

There is an online tuner at www.activebass.com. Click the tuning fork at the bottom left of the page and a java applet will open.

4. mattzink

mattzink

Jun 21, 2002
    Bloomington, IN
    thanks to both of you - will check out activebass.com. thrash jazz - that is a cool thing to know! by the way, thrash jazz, weren't you and i vying for a ashbory bass or something in the market place? you name looks familiar. just curious. be well, matt

5. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    Actually I'm the guy who bought yours!!! :) I'm loving it BTW! People always come up to me and ask me what it is, and I say it's my cell phone from 1990.

6. I absolutely love AP Instrument Tuner. The company's gone now, so it was hard to track this down. :)

7. mattzink

mattzink

Jun 21, 2002
    Bloomington, IN
    ap instrument tuner - another hot tip. thanks! glad you're digging the bass, adam! it is pretty cool. i used to call it my "dinasaur bone" or "dog bone" (as opposed to a doghouse bass).

8. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Gtune 1.22 is cool too. I like this one better since it's autochromatic.

Even the demo works great.

www.jhc-software.com