Is this 2007 Fender Highway One Precision a Good Deal?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DeanT, Feb 2, 2009.

1. DeanT

DeanT Send lawyers, guns and money...

OK all you Fender experts. I was wondering if $650 with Fender gig bag is a good deal for a completely stock 2007 Highway One Precision in great condition (some tiny dings here and there, but nothing major)?

I have a 2006 Highway One Jazz in Midnight Wine. And this Precision is the same color. I figured it would go well with it's sibling.

2. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    Not a BAD deal, but you could probably do a little bit better. But not a whole lot better (maybe $50 - $75 better). So if it's a bass you've tried and really like, then go for it. Especially in light of the recent price increases.

3. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    I'd say around $500 is a good deal. You can frequently pick them up for under that as well. (I payed $450, $420, and $385 for my Highways)

4. ausf

ausf

Jun 24, 2008
    New York
    Not at all in my opinion. They were only $700 new.

I just traded mine in. Not a ding or scratch on it, perfectly set up with DR Sunbeams.

I would have asked $500 if I sold it, but ended up getting that in trade on a MM.

5. afireinside

afireinside

Jan 3, 2008
    Michigan
    eh I bought my bust 2006 HW1 upgrade P (in 2007) for $375.00 new from G.C. in mint condition

6. DeanT

DeanT Send lawyers, guns and money...

Where can you get them for $700? They're $849 to $899 all over.

7. deekay911

deekay911

Nov 4, 2007
    Charleston SC
    Not a great deal - I sold my immaculate like new 2006 (pre-badass II) for $450 and was pleased with that..

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 13, 2021