Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Is this a bad idea?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Wolak, Sep 28, 2005.

1. I have a Tobias Growler 5 and a Euro Spector 4 that I am thinking about selling or trading for a good 6 string. Is it kind of a dumb idea to sell or trade 2 basses just to get 1? I do use both of them, just not as near as much as the 4 string I just built. Maybe I should just put them on ebay and use the money to build a six string. I wouldn't mind building another but I am switching jobs and losing access to some of the tools I used to build my first. I'm just not sure. . .any opinions?

2. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    I say go for it. If you dont use the basses, it probably means you wont miss them that much.

3. if you have a 4 you favor over the one in question, and your trade will actually add to the end result (still having a low B in the sixxer) I don't see a problem.

If you don't forsee regret down the road, and go in full knowledge that you'll never get as much for the homebuild, then it's no biggie

You have a 4 you love to play, and now a 6 to cover the rest of it. :D

4. Seems to me, that the consensus 'round here, is that you should never get rid of one (two in this case) bass for another. Youll end up missing it.

~Ryan

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Yes, go for it, if it's what you feel you need right now. For me, I like to keep my gear changing except a few wonderful instruments to keep the spark alive.