Is this a bad idea?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Wolak, Sep 28, 2005.

1. I have a Tobias Growler 5 and a Euro Spector 4 that I am thinking about selling or trading for a good 6 string. Is it kind of a dumb idea to sell or trade 2 basses just to get 1? I do use both of them, just not as near as much as the 4 string I just built. Maybe I should just put them on ebay and use the money to build a six string. I wouldn't mind building another but I am switching jobs and losing access to some of the tools I used to build my first. I'm just not sure. . .any opinions?
  2. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    I say go for it. If you dont use the basses, it probably means you wont miss them that much.
  3. if you have a 4 you favor over the one in question, and your trade will actually add to the end result (still having a low B in the sixxer) I don't see a problem.

If you don't forsee regret down the road, and go in full knowledge that you'll never get as much for the homebuild, then it's no biggie

You have a 4 you love to play, and now a 6 to cover the rest of it. :D
  4. Seems to me, that the consensus 'round here, is that you should never get rid of one (two in this case) bass for another. Youll end up missing it.

5. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Yes, go for it, if it's what you feel you need right now. For me, I like to keep my gear changing except a few wonderful instruments to keep the spark alive.