Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Is this a bad thing?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jawzzz, May 16, 2004.

1. jawzzz

jawzzz

May 23, 2003
    Denver Colorado
    Well lately i have been under a lot of stress from work and a side project at home. I had this urge to shred on some Metal guitar licks, but I had sold my guitar gear to finance my bass rig. On Friday, Fed EX came and brought me a new...................GUITAR. :bag:

Yes, you heard right, a guitar. A brand new Jackson DK3.I also picked up a Digitech Valve FX preamp for it.

Here is the cool part. I orignally started to play bass so that I could get better at guitar. It worked! Being that playing bass is so technicalj, I have much more knowledge of my fret board, and I can translate it so much better.My finger strength and dexterity is amazing. things that used to be hard to play are simple now.

I am not going to drop bass, I just can't resist to slam some power chords and AH's every now and then to get ease my stress. Bass is way to vital and fun to give up. After seeing what it has done for me, I am hooked on it even more than before. I know that I am a bassist, because while jamming on the guitar, I am trying to figure out a good bassline to go with what I am playing, and I think of how to eq so that the bass will be heard. :D

2. kanti

kanti Guest

Feb 22, 2004
    Eugene, Oregon

Yes, this is most definitely a bad thing. Sometimes g****r players lurking on TB have unfortunate.....accidents. :ninja:

Nah, just kidding, if you want to play g****r then go for it.

3. *shakes head* tsk, tsk, tsk.

I thought your father and I taught you better than this? Why did you have to go and break our trust, for this, this, HOOLIGAN?!??!!? Ever since this your grades have been slipping, all u do is lip back to your father and I, and I saw you sneak back into the house at 3 IN THE MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!! This is NOT how we raised you. Now go to your room! We'll send ur sister up to give you dinner in an hour. DONT....even.....talk. We are so dissapointed in you. What were you even thinking??!?! What did you plan on sayng to us when we found out? That its not yours, that your holding it for a friend??!?!? Is It?!?! IS IT!!!!

:D ;) , thats how my parnets react to everything. so, a guitar eh? sounds cool.

4. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    How's about using fx and your bass to play chords? :p
    Or get a 7/8/9/... string bass, so then you'll have bass and be able to do chord-work ;) :cool:

5. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Nothing wrong with that, I play bass, guitar, and am trying to learn piano. Drums would be fun to learn too, but I don't have the space or money currently.

6. jawzzz

jawzzz

May 23, 2003
    Denver Colorado
    I also have a drum set just to fart around on. :p

I have been thinking of getting a six + string bass, but it is not the same as guitar power chords. It wouild be fun though.
    I still need to learn to play my 5 string before I get more strings on the bass. ;) :D

7. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    The more you learn the better.

Simple as that.

Never limit yourself.