1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Is this a deal on this Hartke?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Toastfuzz, Aug 16, 2007.

1. Toastfuzz

Toastfuzz

Jul 20, 2007
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I found a local Craigslist listing for a Hartke B120 Bass Amp (120W), lightly used, for $200. I haven't been playing bass for that long, I've been using an old practice guitar amp since I started, and I want a better amp for practicing, but also something powerful enough that if eventually I wanted to perform with it, it would cut through.

So would this be a good value? Being local and not having to pay shipping, I'm tempted to jump on it but wanted to get opinions from better knowing people.

2. bluestarbass

bluestarbass

Jul 31, 2007
    Indianapolis
    Meh its not a bad deal, but your not like scoring the deal of the century. If your thinking about a hartke i suggest their tiltback aluminum cone ones, not the b series. It wouldnt be a bad bass amp, but if you look a little harder you could probably find a better combo.

3. on ebay you could get a hartke ta2000 (200watts) for 175 to 200. they are pretty good for rock /metal ive also played funk with it, its preety good