1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Is this a DLX or not

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by PopaWoody, Nov 28, 2010.

1. PopaWoody

PopaWoody The major rager

May 28, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Not sure I bought this and thought it might be nice to know.

Rebop...neck heavy but overall very light.

IMAG0082.

IMAG0083.

IMAG0084.

IMAG0085.

IMAG0086.

IMAG0087.

IMAG0088.

IMAG0089.

IMAG0090.

2. Hugh Jass

Hugh Jass

Oct 10, 2008
    Canada eh
    Yep, that would be a 2004-2006 DLX. in 2007 they became DLX-FM (flame maple top) or DLX-EX (Zebrano top).

They are nice basses despite the neck heavy-ness caused by the super light body, beefy neck and shorter upper horn. If you dig the bass it would be worthwhile to invest in some Hipshot ultralight tuners. Would make for a super light bass.

Looks like the previous owner played it looooow, and with a nice big belt buckle.

3. PopaWoody

PopaWoody The major rager

May 28, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks for the reply. I dig the tone, and it plays like butter. My big hands can take the larger neck.

It's the added effort required to keep it in playing position that is taking its toll on my left arm. It's unfortunate as I have been gassing for nice Spector for a while.

Probably should save and get a neck through US model....

This addiction drives one insane sometimes.

4. Hugh Jass

Hugh Jass

Oct 10, 2008
    Canada eh
    I hear ya, I got my Rebop DLX-EX because I just couldn't pass up the deal. Though mine has Hipshot tuners and now EMG DC's and an 18v EMG pre. I like to think of it as a poor mans US bolt on. I too have pretty big hands and like the big neck alot.

One thing to keep in mind with the stock pre-amp is moderation. If you crank the bass and treble you will have a boomy clanky mess. I seldom went over half way to stay in that nice growly range.

Enjoy!

5. Hugh Jass

Hugh Jass

Oct 10, 2008
    Canada eh
    Ah, one more tip for you: The stock bridge requires you to use a tapered B string which really limits your options. Using a flat needle file (a set of needle files are cheap at most any hardware store) you can widen the slot to be able to accommodate any .130 B. It is nice soft aluminum and when you are done just use a black sharpie to cover up the silver.