1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Is this a fake Fodera!? (eBay Content)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kbass00, Oct 26, 2013.

1. kbass00

kbass00

Oct 7, 2013
  2. 20db pad

20db pad

Feb 11, 2003
    I been everywhere, man...
    None. At all.
    I knew what this was before I clicked the link. That bass is a very early Fodera 6 string - I think it was the first custom shape for Anthony Jackson. There's a body/neck combo much like it hanging up at the Fodera shop.

3. kbass00

kbass00

Oct 7, 2013
    Oh wow! The seller didn't post much info at all, and for the asking price he should have written a bible about the bass.

Thanks for clarifying!

4. steubig

steubig

Jul 17, 2001
    locustland, ca
    yeah, i think it's legit.

the body shape looks like the first aj6 style, but this was made after the second style started (i have ser number 149, which is the second style, and this one is 222, as seen in one of the pics).

agree that he should post more. i think it's from dec 85, maple body, rosewood fb.

5. xabicho

xabicho Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Long Beach, California
    Roger Guitars
    Get the serial number and contact Vinnie and Joe and pics.

6. steubig

steubig

Jul 17, 2001
    locustland, ca

the serial number is 222.

using my iphone, i showed joey a pic of it at bass player live in l.a. yesterday.

it's one of theirs. he seemed to think it might have been modified in the body or headstock.

what i thought was a maple body he says is ash.

7. Flaked Beans

Flaked Beans

Sep 9, 2005
    NYC
    Yep, it is legit.

Attached Files:

8. steubig

steubig

Jul 17, 2001
    locustland, ca

indeed, but you'll note that the one you have (which is the first aj body style) is the two emg pickups in a reverse p configuration, whereas the one on ebay is basically the same body shape with two barts in a j configuration.

a very interesting piece as it's an in-between thing.

9. steubig

steubig

Jul 17, 2001
    locustland, ca
    yeah, went from $9,500, which i thought was quite high. i think this is a good price.

if it was walnut, i'd really be thinking about it.

10. CBNJ

CBNJ Sorry brother.

Feb 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    I could not imagine spending that much money on a bass.. I feel sick just thinking about it.

11. Marko 1

Marko 1

Mar 9, 2009
    N.E. Ohio
    I’d feel sick if someone was forced to buy it, or a good bass couldn’t be gotten cheaper.

No reason to be bothered by it.

:)