1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Is this a genuine Fender Precision bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SamLa89, Oct 1, 2018.

1. SamLa89

SamLa89

Oct 1, 2018
    I was looking to find a new bass on Reverb when I found a 2015 Fender Precision bass. I generally trust Reverb but I'm a bit suspicious about this one. Anyone reckon its genuine? Something looks a tad bit off about the Fender logo, might just be paranoid, but worth checking!
    Fender Precision bass 2015 great condition, optional case

2. jd56hawk

jd56hawk

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
    It’s an MIM.
    Is that a bargain price for such a common bass?

3. SamLa89

SamLa89

Oct 1, 2018
    Brand new from shops it's about £90 more, this one is used

4. Double E

Double E I ain't got no time to play... Supporting Member

Dec 24, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    The black lettered logo was short lived at the end of the Fender Standard line's run. Prior to that they'd been silver for quite a while. Looks legit to me.

5. Warpeg

Warpeg

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    Yep, it's a regular 'ol MIM P-bass.

6. SamLa89

SamLa89

Oct 1, 2018
    Ah, nice one

7. Double E

Double E I ain't got no time to play... Supporting Member

Dec 24, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    With the sweet hardshell it's not a bad deal...not great but not bad. Without the case, I would definitely pass.

edit: just noticed that the seller is attempting to charge extra for the case... walk away. (I guess "optional case" right in the listing title wasn't obvious enough for me!) :confused:

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
  8. dalkowski

dalkowski Supporting Member

May 20, 2009
    Massachusetts USofA
    hell naw -- that's a straight-up gouging.

jd56hawk likes this.
  9. SamLa89

SamLa89

Oct 1, 2018
    do you reckon its worth me going for this fender or going for a £400 squier classic vibe precision bass?

10. It seems a little overpriced, you can usually find MIM Fender Ps on eBay for £350ish. The Squier CVs are very nice basses, it really just depends on whether you want the Fender decal on the headstock, there's not too much to choose between them.

Double E likes this.
  11. SamLa89

SamLa89

Oct 1, 2018
    thoughts on this? Squier Classic Vibe 70s Precision Bass Guitar - Black | Dawsons Music

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 27, 2021