Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Is this a genuine Modulus?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by birdsg, Jul 21, 2004.

1. birdsg

birdsg

Dec 18, 2003
    Birmingham England
  2. modflea

modflea

Apr 26, 2004
    Lafayette, LA
    Seems legit to me. It sure looks like a VJ4.

I have a Flea bass and the adjustment is down there on my neck too. That's how they're made.

3. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
  4. birdsg

birdsg

Dec 18, 2003
    Birmingham England
  5. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

You can! Look at this pic from that site :

[​IMG]

It's a fairly standard set-up for Jazz basses anyway.

6. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Also - it says in the VJ manual on the Modulus site :

"Neck Relief Adjustment
    Neck relief on Modulus basses is set at the factory to accommodate most playing techniques and string gauges. Though the Quantum™ composite neck on your VJ or Genesis neck on your GVJ is able to resist many times the tension of a standard set of strings, we have provided a relief adjusting system to allow for personalized setup of your bass

The Modulus system provides for two-way adjustment (over- and under-bow). Turning the adjuster clockwise will move the center of the fingerboard closer to the strings. Turning the adjuster counter-clockwise will move the center of the fingerboard farther away from the strings.

Use the provided hex wrench to make relief adjustments. The hex socket visible under the fingerboard at the end of the neck is the access point for the adjuster. There is a center “dead” spot you will feel when the system is at its neutral point between overbow and underbow adjusting ranges. "

http://www.modulusguitars.com/v2/products/vintage/vj_manual.html

7. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
  8. birdsg

birdsg

Dec 18, 2003
    Birmingham England
    thanks for the reassurance guys, I won the auction :hyper:

Just picked up and first impressions are that its awesome, fantastic build quality, very loud when not plugged in. I am gonna have some fun with this!

Steve

9. Nice bass mate! The geezer who sold it lives about 20 miles from me, I was tempted myself but no new gear for me until I sell my GB!

Tony

10. birdsg

birdsg

Dec 18, 2003
    Birmingham England
    would certainly recommend the guy who sold it - seemed really nice and got at a great price and it seems brand spanking new to me. Keep an eye out for his other stuff as and when it comes on!

Steve