Is This a Good Bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BaByBlUeBaSs05, Jan 14, 2004.

1. BaByBlUeBaSs05

BaByBlUeBaSs05 Guest

Jan 13, 2004
    I was wondering if you guys think this Bass Guitar would be good for a beginner.Some People told me not to get a fretless,because it would be too hard to learn.And when I get good,Could this Bass play rock,or hardcore music??

Also,What type of amp should I get with a bass, for beginners??

Would you suggest a beginner's packet??What does it include??

Should I teach myself with a book,or have some friends help me out??

What do you think??

Here's the Bass:|940496&PRID=1379503

but this other guitar is another one I am looking at...heh
  2. K-Frog

Feb 6, 2002
    Camden, AR, USA
    I'd say that's a very good choice for a beginner.
    I've been playing bass longer than you've been alive and I want one of those basses. I've already got their jazz bass and I'm pleased with it. I just think I "need" the P bass also.

As for an amp, I'd get a used one made by a reputable manufacturer with at least 30 watts and a 10" speaker. If you can afford more, buy more - 50 watts with a 12" or 15", 100 watts with a 15", etc. It all depends on your budget.

I don't like the bass into packages becasue I don't think you get much amp in there.
  3. I'm no beginner (been playin' for 13 years) but I'm seriously considering getting one, since I've been recently bitten by the P-bass bug. I've heard only good things about these, and they probably have the best price-to-quality ratio on the market.

For the amp, Peavey make nice quality, affordable beginner amps. I recommend something in the 25-30 watts range, for a start. Good luck and welcome to TalkBass!
  4. dabshire

Dec 15, 2002
    McKinney, TX
    I got one for a friend's son not too long ago as a beginner bass.

For the price it's a great bass. There were a couple of slightly high frets on the neck, but nothing too bad. (A little buzz when you really dig in), but the sound was really good, and the bass is really pretty (I got a sunburst P with the maple neck).

I think you would have trouble finding a better bass for the $$$