Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Is this a good bass???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by maju dragon, Feb 27, 2006.

1. hey guys, im still looking for a bass, and im looking at this bass.- http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--FEN135760

Can you please give me the pros and cons of this bass if you know any. that would be great. anything you want to say about this would help. thanks.

2. Short answer: Probably yes (a few people on here use that model) - It's a Fender, so it'll DEFINATELY be good!:cool:

(having said that - I've only ever played Fenders...they work for me and I don't care what anyone says - you can ALWAYS get SOME KIND of good sound from any Fender or Squier...):p

3. Jack

Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    I like it, especially in that colour. Almost bought one too.

What kind of music do you play? (Not that youll really have problems with that bass)

4. thanks guys.
    umm, i play like, rock mainly.....i want to learn some jazz sooner or later... but you know, the rock kind of stuff...if that helps at all.

any more opinions would help. thanks guys!

5. taffae

taffae

Oct 4, 2004
    I have actually heard good things about the Fender Active P Special. I Came across that model a few weeks ago and started doing research on it. From what I gathered it is a import but with American electronics and vintage American style bridge. What I really like is the jazz style neck and the contols... Master, Pan and then a three band active EQ.

What do not like about it is the gold vinyl pickguard.

6. yea, this bass looks real good. and i also dont like the gold vinyl pickguard. so im going to get the blue, and replace the gold with a white pickguard. then im going to put a bridge and pickup cover on it to make it look better, (and hopefully perform better)
    i dont know that much about pickup and bridge covers, so if anyone would like to give me some info on them, that would be great. like, what they do exactly, (other than make the bass look sweeet)
    so thanks again guys.
    :hyper: im excited about this bass, i cant wait to get it.

7. Jack

Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    No, thats pretty much it, that and harder to play of course. :)

8. lookjojoisplaid

lookjojoisplaid

Oct 17, 2005
    San Diego
    I was between this bass and the Jazz Version of this bass for a while and ended up going with the jazz version just because it was in stock at the time. Loved it when i got it now its sorta not living up to its hype in the beginning. Im not a big fan of the active electronics on these basses just because i cant get the tones out of them i want. Im gonna have have the electronics converted to passive and go for the classic vol vol tone controls. Might throw in a pair of fender american jazz pups to. But i love the Neck on this bass and everything else is great.

9. LA

LA

Oct 17, 2001
    Michigan
    I had the Jazz version of the Deluxe series - I played a few different basses in the studio the last few years and that was the best sounding of all of them.

10. Geezerman

Geezerman

Nov 28, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    PJ's are great but for that money, look for a MIJ fender (used or new).