Is this a good bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by johnmallory34, Jun 16, 2003.

1. johnmallory34

Jun 13, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    I am looking at this spector bass on ebay that looks good. It is just described as a "Spector upgrade." I'll post the exact item description and some pics:

Spector Bass upgraded with a spector bridge at significant cost to replace the chrome stock bridge. Work done by Guitar Center Certified technician. The pics came out showing the bass with finger smudges and it's hard to tell the finish is very well done in smoky grey that shows the wood grain under it. this is a fairly new bass and has not been played out much, and has 2 dings near the bridge pickguard that are smaller than a dime that are near the bridge pickup, thanks to my five-year old rolling a ball down the stairs. Very slight, no large scratches or beltbuckle marks. Two clear Soapbars pickups, EMGS, very quiet and very responsive. Fingerboard is flat, picks and slaps nicely. Tuners great, no fret wear. I see why a lot of musicians use this as their main bass. Starting off low,No reserve, g'luck

-So, if any of you have played a spector, or think this is a cool bass, please help out. Thanks
  2. yeah. it looks dope.

i couldnt imagine anything that would be wrong with it...:confused:
    it should sound dope as well.
  3. I have a Korean made neck-thru spector. It's a great bass. I haven't really thought much of the bolt-on neck versions. They have a different feel I don't like. They sound good. VERY HEAVY. If you don't mind that, it's a good bass. Mines a 5 string. Can't beat it for the money. I think I paid about $450. They seem to go for closer to $500-$550 these days on ebay.
  4. geezer316

Jan 26, 2003
    for one its a well liked brand,though i never owned one,i played them on a regular basis at my buddies shop.only you will know if its good or not,its hard to judge a bass with only a picture or two as a reference. is it a relible brand bass ? YES.does it play good ? does it sound good ? is the action well set-up ? is the wood/neck in good condition ? fretts are in good shape ? are the electronics/hardware function properly ? does it fit your style of music ? do you like it ? and does it fit your style of playing technique ?(fingers,slap,pick ETC.) These are the important questions that cannot acurately be answered without seeing or hearing the bass in person. its a good brand so its up to you to take it from here :bassist: GOOD LUCK ;)