Is this a good combination? Darkglass, SWR

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Aaron Benavides, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Aaron Benavides

Aaron Benavides

Dec 8, 2018
    Hey TB, I recently upgraded my rig after my Hartke lh1000 died a very silent death.
    I wanted to get something I knew was gonna be tonally diverse and reliable so went to the top used some saved up money and got a Darkglass Microtubes 900. I’ve got it running into my SWR Goliath III 410 + SWR Son of Bertha 115.

900 Watts
    410 8ohm 700w
    115 8ohm 350w

The cabs are actual SWR and not Fender reissued ones.
    I think that the amp and cabs should work together just fine. Would you say this is something that’s going to last me a long time? I play in a Stoner Rock band.

I loved the Hartke lh1000, it had such a clean tone and it gave my Malekko B:Assmaster Fuzz a really clean sound too if that makes any sense. I’ve owned the amp for a year now, I bought it used. After a while(about 8 months) it’s protection curcuit would turn the amp off every now and then (sometimes mid-set!) but then it started occurring more frequently and the last time it happened would be the last time the amp would turn on. I never turned the volume past 5 cause it was loud! Apparently there are a few people on TB that have had this same problem with the lh1000. I have no idea what to do with it cause apparently Hartke will only help if you were the original owner and I don’t have any amp repair shops in the immediate area.