Is this a good deal? $600 for...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by nerdcore, Jun 8, 2003.

1. nerdcore

May 12, 2002
    I have the opportunity to obtain:

- A Genz Benz Series 2 Head 375W (?)
    - A Genz Benz 210T 2x10
    - A Genz Benz GB15 1x15

For $600. Is this good? What would you pay for this?

Thanks for the advice, I just don't know the going market rate.

2. NeedMoreBass

NeedMoreBass unregistered

Feb 14, 2003
    Is it in good shape? Everything work? Sounds good to me! Offer $500 to see what happens.:bassist:
  3. nerdcore

May 12, 2002
    It's "lightly used". I haven't seen it in person; I'm about to go check it out right now. It's being consigned through my local music shop so I don't know how open the price is to negotiation. I'll see if I can trade in my old amp.
  4. nerdcore

May 12, 2002
    I just went and ch ecked it out.. pretty sweet! Although I could not find any visible markings on the head to determine its wattage (it was in an enclosure and no data was on the face or rear), it sounded really clean. It was a Genz Benz "GBE Series 2" amplifier. It had 4 EQ knobs, Passive and Active input, input gain, master volume, seemed like a microphone jack (at least that same connector) was there also. Two genz benz cabs, a 15 with dual ports, and 2 10s diagonally with 2 ports.

I'm REALLY thinking about it but am unable to come up with enough on the web in terms of research. $600 firm..
  5. NeedMoreBass

Feb 14, 2003
    I just saw a both a 15" and a 210" cab on eBay and both of them added together were more than $600.
  6. NeedMoreBass

Feb 14, 2003
    I say if it sounds good and looks good, GO FOR IT!!:bassist:
  7. squire_pwr

Apr 15, 2003
    San Diego, CA.
    In general, any decent, working rig under 600 is a great price. Think about it... that's like 300 for the head, 300 for the cabs. Where on earth are you going to find prices like that? Even a hartke 3500 + avatar cab would be around 700, that's a KILLER deal. I've never played or heard a Genz-Benz before, but for the price, I'd jump on it. Tell me if you decide not to get it! I'd go for it!!
  8. incognito89x

incognito89x ♪♫♪ ♪ ♪ ♫&#983

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    Yeah, if all is working well, sounds like a deal for sure.
  9. nerdcore

May 12, 2002
    Thanks for the replies... I was just concerned about the wattage of this thing, the Series II. Some research on this board leads me to believe that it's 375W. I think I'm going to hop on this. If/When I do, I'll take pics!