1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Is this a good deal guys?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by XPshychoticXPyr, Nov 16, 2003.

1. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2572943065&category=4713&rd=1

Ive been gasing for a warwick streamer std for a while now...i was preferrably looking to upgrade to a 5 string but this came along and looks so nice...what do yall think...i dont want any bashing of warwick here i just wanna know do yall think moneywise this is a good deal for this bass. Ive seen em go from 500+ used so thats why this has caught my attention plus i love dark colored basses.

-Vince

2. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Carcassonne, France
    As far as I remember, the Streamer Standard has been discontinued, and is basically the same as what is now manufactured under the "Rockbass" trade... Don't know the US price of a Rockbass, but I'm not sure this eBay Streamer is a good deal.

3. I know of its discontinuation and all but thanx =)...the rock bass goes for around 350 new...

The real streamer std that was made in germany of real wood i dont know what they went for etc...

4. SMG

SMG Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2000
    metro Detroit
    If this stays at this price, it is a real good deal. When Warwick discontinued them, musiciansfriend.com had a close out on single pickup ones, I think $400 for the 5 string and a bit less for the four. For what it is worth, these seem to be showing up less and less on the used/auciton sites.

I am not sure how these sound compared to an active Warwick, but I did play one at a tiny store through a Warwick combo and was impressed by the sound and feel for the dollar. Unlike the RockBass series, this has more traditional (which is for other manufacturers, non-traditional) Warwick woods, and therefore, FEELS like a Warwick. I have played a few RockBass instruments at stores and none of them have had the same feel as an actual Warwick, though some played pretty good.

My two cents worth...

Steve