Is this a good deal?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by justsoyouknow22, Mar 25, 2004.

1. justsoyouknow22

Mar 25, 2004
  2. Metallideth

Feb 19, 2004
    i owuld say no. Trust me i just bought one 2 days its been here. and i haaaate the tone its all mud and no definition my 180$ bass plays 20X better than this, i learned a lesson in the fact that looks dont make it a good bass.
  3. jbass

Mar 22, 2004
    I also would say no. The entire fretboard wasn't even shown and so are the machine heads. My j bass bought 16 years ago even looks better with all it's wear and tear.
  4. Tom Crofts

Tom Crofts

Mar 15, 2001
    He says that isnt even a picture of the bass, cos he doesn't have a digital camera. If you're getting a new bass it really is advisable to see and play it first.

I wouldn't touch it. But then I wouldn't go near one of them whatever condition and price it was ;)
  5. justsoyouknow22

Mar 25, 2004
    i know you guys dont like em but ive played a thunderbird before and i think it sounds incredible for rock music, and i like the tone, i was asking if it was a good deal to buy.. cause ive chosen it as the bass i want is it a good cheap deal?
  6. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.

IMO Gibson = Crappy sound

Epiphone = Death to "Music"

Dont buy an epiphone... They Hurt music, and make it as a "Whole" feel bad...
  7. justsoyouknow22

Mar 25, 2004
    yeah im not asking about that tho, it feels rite to me than all other 200-400 price ranges please tell me if it is a good price
  8. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I don't know what used Epi Thunderbirds go for in the UK. Here in the states, they go for around $250 - $350, depending on condition and pickups. That one should sound more like a Gibson than the P/J pickup model does.

One bad thing about Tbirds. Have you ever played one with a strap, whilst standing? They have tremendous neck dive.