1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

is this a good deal?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ack, Jun 22, 2007.

1. ack

ack Why Can't We All Get Along?

Nov 19, 2006
    Somewhere near Raleigh
    - Behringer BX3500H 350 Watt head
    - Hartke VX410 (400 Watt) cab

both for $300 (gently used)

I've read some reviews of the head and most seemed happy with it. The cab didn't have that many reviews, but the general opinion was "ok".

I play a bit of everything, but I want to upgrade from my SWR LA12 (60 Watt) to something with a little more oomph.

Is this something I should persue or get a new Fender Rumble 210 (100 Watts) for $350?

Thanks.
    Ack

2. if thats what you want, then yes, it is a good deal. I just sold my hartke cab for $300 and that was lower than any used prices I could find.
    the vx is a good cab IME

3. Limlam

Limlam

Jun 9, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    Thats the exact same set up as i had a few years back when i started getting into bass equipment, the behringer wasnt terrible but left me dissapointed alot. I was playing hardcore/rock and roll and to be honest it didnt get as loud as i needed and got weak and messy as it got louder.
    Once i added a sans amp bass driver i got a better sound but still not the best.
    The cab though is a pretty nice cab and would be worth the money alone.
    So for 300 bucks its a good deal but your not gonna get any amazing tones, though you could always sell the head put in a little bit of extra money and get a new head and a nice little rig.
    online user reviews arent to be trusted Harmony central pisses me off it seems everyone thinks there equipment is the best thing theyve ever played dont trust online reviews until youve played the equipment yourself

4. Hi, Ack.

For the price, IMO it's a good deal.

Behringer amps are not my cup of tea, but for that price You really can't go that wrong.

Just my 0.02€
    Sam

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 21, 2021