1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Is this a good deal?!?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by DLI848, Nov 13, 2010.

1. DLI848

DLI848

Oct 28, 2009
    This guy on Craigslist wants my Warwick Thumb 4 string. He's willing to trade a PRS guitar and a Warwick Standard bass for my Thumb. Here is what he said:
    I saw your add on craigslist about the warwick thumb bass. I was curious if you would consider any trades for the bass. I know it is not you ideal goal, but I need to downsize my collection. I have always wanted a thumb bass and I was hoping we might be able to strike a deal. I'd be willing to trade a PRS CE24 (like the nice prs's but with a b/o neck, not the cheap ones they sell now) and a warwick corvette std for your thumb. If this isn't what you'd like that's fine, I just thought I'd try.

So I asked him to give me more info on the instruments and he told me this:
    The Warwick is a real warwick not a Rockbass. It's the natural color, 4 string with active pickups.

The PRS is an early 90's CE24. IT is really close to prefactory if not prefactory because it still has a one piece flame maple top and the original locking tuners on it. It's a cherry sunburst finish and it was my main guitar for years before I switched to les pauls so it does has some minor nicks and scratches but nothing bad, just normal playing wear. Other than that...it's a 24 fretter, all original hardwear, and uses the 5 way rotary pickup selector.

What do you think? Is this a pretty good deal? How much do you think that PRS guitar is worth?

2. Sbociol

Sbociol

Feb 24, 2009
    THE CE24 is basically a PRS Custom 24 with a bolt on maple neck instead of a set in mahogany neck,so the value it's pretty much the same as the one of a Custom 24 :)

3. DLI848

DLI848

Oct 28, 2009
    How much is it worth do you think? Like, if I were to sell it on ebay or something, how much would I get for it?

4. Do you know how to search for completed auctions on eBay?