Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Is this a good price for a SWR original redhead combo?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bkchang79, Aug 8, 2002.

1. I can get the original redhead combo bass for $450. Is this a good price for this combo? What are somethings I should look at. Thanks

2. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    It's a great price if it's in decent condition and it works ok.

3. I think the guy said it works good, but there's a dent on the the amp face. I heard the original redheads are pretty bulletproof. Just want to hear some input.

4. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    $450 for an original with only a dent in the grill?? go for it... or I will :D

5. Well I picked it up and it sounded great. There's no dents on the grill, but the carpet is pilling. My only erk was that it didn't play loud enough for me. Could it be the tube? I check the tube and it seemed like it was replaced from stock. The tube was made by groove tube which I heard of, but I don't know the quality of it. There's no noticable damage inside, no rusting or corrosion.

6. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    The original Redheads where never all that loud..... 350 watts I think. Thats still a killer deal tho!

7. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    if you don't like how much do you want to sell it for?

steve