Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

is this a good set up

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by benjamintowle, Aug 22, 2001.

1. benjamintowle

benjamintowle Guest

Apr 3, 2001
    usa tewksbury mass
    a 1x15 get 100 watts and 4x10 getting 400watts .is this a good setup liek would it be louder the a guiatre 100 watt half stack.

2. EString

EString

Nov 20, 2000
    Los Altos, CA
    Myabe, dued. Depedns on what kind fo amp adn how far up you and yoru guiatreist have your voluem nobs.

3. It should be. If not, yeah, get the guitarist to turn down. GK amp?

Oh, and try to read, spellcheck and grammaticise your posts before sending them, it makes it soooo much easier to read and reply to.

4. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
  5. Matthias

Matthias

May 30, 2000
    Vienna, Austria
    How come your 115 is getting 100Watts and your 410 is getting 400Watts? Do you have two amps? Because if you hook them up to one amp, each cab will see half of the power the amp puts out - no matter how much they are rated at (provided they both have the same impedance, e.g. 8Ohms each)
    Regarding volume: It depends... but a 115+410 stack with 400+ Watts should be ok

BTW: Aren't you the man from Berklee (or Berkley?)? Than you should probably better know than me... :D

Matthias

6. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    ben, i thought most schools that only teach agriculture were in the mid-west, am i wrong?

7. Matthias

Matthias

May 30, 2000
    Vienna, Austria
    oops, that was bassvirtuoso13, but i knew it was liek won of my most admired fellas here :rolleyes:
    Matthias