Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Is this a good setup to work for?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Nick Wagner, Feb 28, 2003.

1. Nick Wagner

Nick Wagner

Feb 24, 2003
    WA, USA
    Ok, after much thought and researching here, I have come to a conclusion about what kind of rack setup I think I want... but first Id like some input from all of you.

Ok, heres what Im thinking:

Maybe a compressor here
    Tech 21 RBI
    QSC RMX1450

Ill probably end up running this through my B115H, and a B410 later on, or a B210 later on with my 15.

Now, heres another question. On musiciansfriend, it doesnt mention the RBI having an overdrive or distortion option, like the DI has... does it not have distortion? This isnt a MUST, but I would like to have it. If it does, can you footswitch it?

Id like for this setup to be a good one, because after this I dont plan on upgrading anything major as far as amps go. However, I dont want to end up spending more than $1000USD on the rack.

thanks for any comments.

Nick

2. ESP-LTD

ESP-LTD

Sep 9, 2001
    Idaho
    I bought an RMX-1450 a few months back and have only used it a little. Excellent amp, but it weighs 40#. I have mine all by itself in a 2 space SKB full depth (their ATA model I think) rack I got on ebay. I recommend that plan unless you really like weight lifting. It also allows you to get a cheaper/lighter 4 space rack to go on top for more flexibility.

3. Nick Wagner

Nick Wagner

Feb 24, 2003
    WA, USA
    Yeah I was also thinking of having 2 seperate racks... thanks!

Is the amp reliable, cool(temp-wise), etc?

4. TxBass

TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    I don't think you can go wrong with QSC. Good, solid, quality amps. Nice choice.

5. ESP-LTD

ESP-LTD

Sep 9, 2001
    Idaho
    I haven't pushed it hard enough to know yet. It's never made any noticeable heat so far.

6. I have the RBI and the drive knob adjusts the gain and overdrive just like the pedal.The footswitch input switches between a dry signal(Bass straight to amp or mixer with no EQ)or the preamp controls.This is just like the pedals stomp switch it just turns the Preamp on or off.Good choice on preamp/power amp.