1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Is this a Good trade?????

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bobbo 77', Apr 17, 2006.

1. Hola,
    I have a 2004 Marcus Miller Fender Jazz, GREAT cond. But, I'm thinking of a straight trade, or if this is a good trade. My Marcus for a...
    1) G&L 2500 or...
    2) G&L 2000.

I'd imagine it'll probably be a Tribute, right? Just tossing this out to the experts to see if this is a good trade!

Bobbo 77'

2. it would be an amazing deal if it wasnt a tribute. I would do it then.
    but if it is a tribute, its basically up to you. The MM jazz is more money i believe, but really comes down to what tone, feel, look, etc you personally are looking for.
    It seems like a fair trade from my point or view and i personally like G&L better then jazz basses due to the humbuckers and necks.
    do what you think is best, try and play the G&L before you make the trade for sure though.

3. bannedwit

bannedwit

May 9, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    Sometimes things work out better like this. You could throw a bass on ebay and not get half of what you want or paid for it. This way, even if the trade may be for a bass of lesser $$$, at least you get what you want and you get it all even steven taken care of and there is no longer any hassle to sell the bass.

4. Hey Telephone,
    I'd like to do the 2500, american, but I think the deal would be more feasable to do with a Tribute. I've been a Stingray player all my life, and THAT neck feels very confortable to me. The thickness and radius is like a broken-in pair of jeans. I started on a 77' jazz, but it does'nt feel confy, both neck and especially right hand fingerstyle. I guess the G&L's would be closer to the Stingray's, with more tone options.

Bobbo 77'