Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Is this a good video?

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by nate 0 jt, Jun 5, 2001.

1. Slap Bass program and The Art of Tapping. I ordered them and they will be here by the end of the week, but i was just curious if they are any good. I have heard only good things about them but I'd like to hear more!! Tell me what you think of them if you own them, are they too fast? too slow? Any feed back is cool. Thanks

Nate M

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Alexis Sklarevski's Slap Bass Program is the best slap bass METHOD available on video. Period.

I don't know the seond one, but I once saw Dawayne(?) Pate live with the Edgar Winter Band, and he can PLAY.

3. yor123

yor123

Mar 29, 2001
    New Orleans
    Just got it in today and watched it start to finish. Never have come across such a well made video. It is very organized and progresses from the very simplest techniques and vamps to more advanced.

Get this tape. You will not regret it.

4. just got them in today, watched them twice already, and i believe it has improved my playing already. the tapping takes a little more getting used to. another thing i learned from these movies is that the 80's (especially it's fashion) sucked!

nate