Is this a joke?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Nino Valenti, Jun 22, 2002.

1. Don't sweat it. It'd be a steal if it goes for under $500, scratches or not.
  2. hahahahah, Kid Rock, that rules.

Apparently he's in a *real* metal band as he only needs two strings.
  3. RedV

Mar 19, 2002
    Eustis, FL
    hehehe...two strings; that just made my night:)

4. old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    I feel bad for the buyer of that thing. I really hope no one gets ripped-off.
  5. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Obvisouly, even for 250 $, it wouldn't be that bad.

Don't Pbasses get trussrod loaded by the back of the neck, so you would see the brown stripe of mahogany in the back ?

This one does not.
  6. His other instruments for auction are also missing strings--most of them are missing all of them! Apparently he's played with Kid Rock, KISS, and Fuel too.

It could easily pass for music store brand new.
    Maybe at some music stores.
  7. craigers2

Sep 26, 2001
    if he played it just a few weeks ago, why does it only have 2 strings?:rolleyes:
  8. supergreg

Jan 20, 2002
    "Do'nt" worry. Im sure its a great bass.
  9. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    it doesnt have the stripe cuz im pretty sure thats either a mexican or a squier with different graphics on the headstock. That bass looks about as far from the real thing as it gets.
  10. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
  11. MIM's adjust at the headstock end. I've seen USA ones with no skunk stripe. From my understanding, it has nothing to do with whether the truss rod is on that end or the other end of the neck.
  12. Here is a USA with maple fretboard that has no skunk stripe. Like I said, I don't think they use the skunk stripe channel to insert the truss rod, as even the maple board ones have a separate fretboard from the neck.
  13. I'm going 'shotgun bid' on that puppy: she will be mine! Please Nino, do not outbid me. I'm sure the cure to my g.a.s. lies with that bass in my arsenal.
  14. anyone notice what looks like some major scratches on the back side and what looks like a messed up STB retainer thingy on the G string?
  15. For some reason it looks all scratched up in the pic, I do'nt know why. It is not.
  16. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    my MIA doesn't have a skunk stripe either
    amd it is new. looks just like funky's but in ocean turqiose.
    funky how much do you like yours?
    have you had any problems?
    o what that isn't yours.
    i just actually read the post.
    isn't my face red!
  17. None of the current American Series basses have skunk stripes. I have a 2000 American standard P-bass that also has no stripe. I don't think any of the American Standard line for that matter (not sure of the years) had skunk stripes. Anyways, MIM basses are not strung through the body and they don't say anything on the neck plate.

18. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Well, when I opened for Kid Rock last weekend, he made me pull my D and G strings off. He said, "A real man only needs one string, but if you only had one string, you'd look silly -- you better leave two on there."

Also, scratches that aren't there can appear to be there when taking a photo. You know how it is when you take a picture in a haunted house and when you have 'em developed, there are all kinds of spooks and spectors frolicking in the background? That's what happened to this kid's bass. I've seen it happen a hundred times.

I say, "Bid on that baby, as you can't possibly go wrong and e-Bay would never allow one of their bidders to be ripped off!"