Is this a joke?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mr. Zebraface, Feb 20, 2003.

1. Some guy in the local paper is selling a 800 watt bass cab and a 250 watt head...both Trace Elliot. I think the head is GPX or something. He's selling for £450 (bout $600?). It sounds a bit dodgy to me...why only have a 250W head with an 800W cab? Surely the head would just die or something...oh well.

Should I buy it?
  2. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    You arent gonna hurt the head by doing that.

3. No harm in that. Actually sounds like a decent deal to me.:cool:
  4. Buy it. Trace Elliot stuff looks really cool. ;)
  5. If it is you should round up the droogs and pay him and his the old "surprise visit". ;)
  6. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.

The extra 650 watts in the cab isnt going to hurt the head, the head can just give out a maximum of 250 watts, and the cab can give out and get up to 800 watts. (i think?)

if you can get it, i suggest you do, mabye even try to haggle him down to 400, 375

Good luck! ;)
  7. arose11

Sep 30, 2002
    Kalamazoo, MI
    i'd buy it....
    go for it trace elliot RULES!
  8. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    if the cab is rated at 800 watts it doenst mean it gives it out, it means for an extended amount of time thats the maximum wattage for that cab. Usually those are rated with a little leway too. The only problem would be if its rated that high it may not push the cones as hard as they were meant to be pushed. The only cabs ive heard this being a problem is the acme's. Does sound like a good deal but try and talk him down. I got a hartke 7000 with a hartke 4x10 and a rack for the 7000 for $550.