1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Is this a original fender Pbass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Otise, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Otise

Otise

Nov 25, 2018
    Hi,
    i've got an offer for this guitar, but i'm concernded about genuineness of this bass. Seller says that it was made in Japan in 80's, and the serial number coresponds with it. However there is no serial number on the heel of the neck which is where i usually see a serial number on. Instead of this, the serial number is below the Fender logo.
    Is this a real made in Japan Fender bass?

Greetings :)

PS sorry for my english, i'm sometimes really bad with it 737575773_3_1000x559_fender-precision-bass-made-in-japan-instrumenty_rev002. 737575773_2_391x700_fender-precision-bass-made-in-japan-dodaj-zdjecia_rev002. 737575773_5_391x700_fender-precision-bass-made-in-japan-podkarpackie_rev002.

2. lz4005

lz4005

Oct 22, 2013
    Probably genuine, yes. But I'd be more concerned that it's been modded, which destroys any 'vintage' value it might have. Fender didn't make a two pickup P in the 80's that only had two knobs. It would have had three knobs or two knobs and a switch. Cutting a big hole in it reduces the value by probably half.

DeliriumTremens likes this.
  3. Genuine but that bridge pickup has been added. Don't see a control for it so I wonder how it's wired.