1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Is this a reason to be wary?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by organworthyplayer337, Dec 18, 2018.

1. organworthyplayer337

organworthyplayer337 Professional Hack

Oct 28, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    I'm highly interested in a product on Reverb. It's just within my budget range and my trigger finger is itching :smug:

But I have a red-flag: the image on the listing is not the seller's original image nor is it a stock image: the pic is from another website. So it's not like he pulled an image from GC or Sweetwater's site. It's like me posting an ad on reverb with a pic from someones NBD.

Is this reason enough to be a little skeptical? Or am I being my usual, overly-analytical self?

Asking cause I'm broke-ish and don't want any trouble :wacky:

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
  2. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    I forget what that's called. When a seller lists something he doesn't own or have possession of. Someone somewhere is selling it and he lists it for more planning on buying it from the actual seller and then if it's already sold, he cancels the sale. There's a name for that but I can't remember what it is.

Mr_Moo and Oddly like this.
  3. OldDog52

OldDog52 Gold Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2011
    I think you mean "borderline scam". ;)

I wouldn't go anywhere near an item like that. But that's just me.

Gorn likes this.
  4. ...the word that eludes is "scam", you rascally curmudgeasaur!