Is this a safe Ebay auction?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by PolkaHero, Mar 31, 2005.

1. PolkaHero

Jan 5, 2002
    Check out this auction for a brand new Fender American Jazz Deluxe:

Fender Jazz Deluxe

This dealer is basically offering these basses for a buy it now price of $800 with free shipping. However, they require a third party (escrow) for payment. Does this seem like too good of a deal to be true? Anybody here dealt with an auction on Ebay like this? Notice the dealer has no feedback and just joined Ebay a couple of days ago. I've been looking for one of these basses, but don't want to get burned in the process.
  2. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Feedback score of 0 is scary, you might want to check with the BBB in his town if he is a brick and mortar dealer. That is the old Jazz Deluxe, it may be new bass but it is at least a 2003, they switched pickups on the 2004 models and pre I believe. I just sold a used one for 550 an the bay, there resale sucks due to the model change
  3. sounds shady Jason. PM sent about a Am. Deluxe Jazz.
  4. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
  5. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I just sent Guitar trader an email.
  6. fiebru1119

Mar 2, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    FREE 2nd Day Air shipping and no reserve!? :( :bag:

.. also notice the category.. "Health & Beauty > Bath & Body > Antiperspirant, Deodorant" LOL
  7. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    I buy alot on Ebay. Heck, I bought a $300+ item from a guy with no feedback with no problem. I did talk do the guy several time on the phone plus other checks.

Now the one you linked, I wouldn't touch that for nothing!

#1. I don't like it when I don't see pics of the actual item unless its a dealer with some feedback.

#2. Using someone else's promo pics is creepy in this particular situation.

#3. He says "Please contact us before bidding for special buy it now prices." I have never seen an auction done like that. :meh:

#4. Zero feedback.

I say run!
  8. deichman

Jun 1, 2003
    This is a scam, no doubt. Look at sellers other items. New guitars for $9.99? If you believe that, I've got some swamp land for ya.

9. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
  10. Wow, that sucks, Guitar Trader is probably the coolest geetar (i said geetar, bassalone rulz!!) shop in town. and do their best to make people happy from the crapola they sell at GC. totally wrong.. :rollno:
  11. deichman

Jun 1, 2003
    All items have been removed by Ebay. I reported this to ebay afetr I read this thread. Total scamster..........................I hope they get caught.

12. gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    For newbies to Ebay, you'll notice that Ebay warns you against processing your transaction offline from Ebay at the request of the seller. This is often a scam. It's probably safer to buy through Ebay using paypal.

:ninja: :bag: :ninja: