1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Is this a squier vm jaguar?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bass Man Dan, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Bass Man Dan

Bass Man Dan Endorsing Artist: Ned Flanders' Bass-a-Reeno Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2017
    Cincinnati
    I was just curious, looks like it was modified to replace the p pup with a j? This is Sergio Vega, from Quicksand, by the way.

Attached Files:

2. Vinnie Boombatz

Vinnie Boombatz Banned

May 26, 2010
    Maybe he had it modded? I've only ever seen him play USA Jaguars. Theres a Rig Rundown online with him. You should check it out. I know he also plays J's now and then, and is even featured in a Fender video promoting the American Standard Jazz bass with Matt Sweeney from Chavez.

EDIT: After a quick Google search, the VM Squier has a J pickup in the bridge, but the ones I've seen don't have the switches.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
    Bass Man Dan likes this.
  3. stefanb

stefanb

Sep 14, 2017
    Toronto
    Vinnie Boombatz and Bass Man Dan like this.
  4. Woofer

Woofer

Sep 24, 2008
    OBX
    MIJ Fender Jaguar.

Vinnie Boombatz and Bass Man Dan like this.
  5. Vinnie Boombatz

Vinnie Boombatz Banned

May 26, 2010
    Off topic, but I've loved Quicksand for like 25 years and have seen them many times live. Sergio's bass tone on SLIP is iconic and his playing with Tom's guitar playing and Walter's vocal style is what made them so unique back then in that genre. SLIP is one of my all-time favorite records still to this day.

Bass Man Dan likes this.
  6. Bass Man Dan

Oct 20, 2017
    Cincinnati
    Times 1 million! Agree 100%, Slip is absolutely in my top 5 all time. We used to cover Fazer, which was a lot of fun. Go on youtube to Kerrang Magazine's channel, they just posted a show they played in London yesterday. They were playing as a trio!

The thing that threw me on the bass in the photo is the headstock looks like it has yellow writing, is that not how "squier" is usually?

7. Vinnie Boombatz

Vinnie Boombatz Banned

May 26, 2010
    Yeah, Tom Had to leave the tour a few months ago for personal reasons. Pretty sad story actually, but hopefully he's getting all that sorted out and getting the help he needs. The new record was actually written and recorded without him as a trio, and I think he's been having problems with addiction for a very long time. I really hope he gets healthy and gets back to playing.

I skipped my prom back in '94 to see them and it was well worth it, and every time since has been amazing. For sure in my top 5 of all time as well. And although my musical tastes have broadened and changed over the years, they still remain a favorite and a massive influence.

That's exactly why I thought it was a Squier, too. Looked liked the gold lettering.

Bass Man Dan likes this.
  8. Bass Man Dan

Oct 20, 2017
    Cincinnati
    Are you a fan of Rival Schools?