1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Is this a standard bridge?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by PanteraFan, Sep 12, 2002.

  1. I've been toying with the idea of replacing the bridge on my Tanglewood, but I'm unsure if the thing is a standard size and shape and a replacement can be found easily. I don't want to have to rout, I'd just like a drop in. The bridge is pictured below. The whole thing is 85mm x 56mm, dunno that in inches.

  2. Almost standard. It's a bit beefier version of the "bent-tin" Fender style bridge. Perfectly serviceable. And it looks a lot like these:


    Why exactly do you want to replace it?
  3. Even down to the screw placement, or does that not matter(new holes?)

    I wanna replace it cos the thread holes on the action adjustment screws are stripping. If I want radical adjustments it'll get to the point where the saddles won't move. The finish is chipping like mad, and the edges are sharp on the hand. Palm muting leaves grazes on my picking hand. Also, I've experienced rattles on it, the string to string balance is iffy and sustain could be a little longer.

    Also getting new tuners, might as well go the whole hog. :D
  4. Take a look at the other bridges on this site. Their "Slim Tail" bridge is a decent knock-off of the ABM and that's as smooth a bridge as you'll find.
  5. Thanks Hammy. Will they ship Internationally?

Share This Page