1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Is this a steal? (ampeg SVT 4 pro)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by A-Step-Towards, Aug 10, 2012.

1. 325$ for this head if it functions perfectly?I have used my GK 800 RB so long I dont even look into amps

[​IMG]

2. I would be tempted at that price.

3. jlepre

jlepre Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Parsippany, NJ
    I bought mine new for $890, and THAT was a steal back about 6 years ago. Not a bad price. Does it come with a working foot pedal? IT should.

4. pan1k

pan1k

Sep 16, 2011
    Las Vegas, NV
    Do it now! buy it

5. I just looked them up and saw at guitar center there 1550$ , and I just dont know if I am mistaken and this one is a old model , or if the resell is just that bad.

Not sure if it has a foot pedal , soemthing I could ask him. It was just offered to me and I have yet to call back.

6. jlepre

jlepre Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Parsippany, NJ
    $1550 must have been the MSRP and nobody lists or sells at that price. Selling NEW at MF for $1099

7. MissTheTrain

MissTheTrain

May 11, 2012
    I love my 4-pro. I bought mine used last year for $500.00. I would ask if it comes with the mono bridge cable. If not you can always make one but it would be best if it was included. This amp has so much headroom and has a great tone.

8. BKuettel

BKuettel

Apr 8, 2011
    Oneonta, NY
    If it works, buy it. Judging by the pic, the balance knob is missing. But if everything works, I would still buy it. I bought mine for $600 and drove 8 hours round trip for it. I do not regret it at all. You could easily flip it for double if you replaced the knob and got new tubes if that was what you wanted to do.

So yes, that is a steal IMO.

9. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    If it works without issues I'd buy it in a second.

10. MissTheTrain

MissTheTrain

May 11, 2012
    I would also play through both amps on this head and bridge it as well to make sure everything is working correctly. It has an amp A and an amp B. They are two different amps in this head.

11. jlepre

jlepre Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Parsippany, NJ
    +1

12. All good to know , and yes I noticed it was missing a knob. He is also selling a 6x10 cab (ampeg) for 650$ thats basically new, but I dont really want that big of a cab-i like my 4x10 GK.

I just really have not played around with amps much but I feel my rick sounds to sterile with my gk 800RB and I have Eq'd it everyway I can think .

13. MissTheTrain

MissTheTrain

May 11, 2012
    That's my exact setup and I couldn't be happier. I bought my 610 for the same price as your stating. It's really not that hard to move around. Like most Ampeg's it has the tow bar and wheels like a dolly. I can move it by myself. This head has so much power it is best used on 6 10's or 8 10's or 2 15's. Just my 2 cents.

14. Fair Warning

Fair Warning Deliverin' the Goods!

This is a very versitile and powerfull amp to do just about anything, and will do it well. Going street price is $700 - $800 for one in good working condition. $325 is a steal! Even with a missing knob.

15. I am betting he would do 900$ for it and the 6x10......but I am possibly moving in a few weeks so a 6x10 in tow doesnt sound fun during the move , along with my 4x10-Maybe if the guy thats suppose to by my 1x15 cab and old kustom head show up tonight I can justify it.

16. You don't mention whether or not it's being sold by a church. If so, you should give them $1549.99 for it...or more.

17. Yeah +1

I would grab that in a heartbeat...especially if it is one of the "old ones" (your words). You see, the "old ones" were built in St Louis.

Mine comes from St Louis and I have NEVER had a problem in the 6 years that I have owned mine. Even if it needs to be checked over by a tech what? $100? Still in Waaaayyyy cheaper than they usually go for!

Good Luck!!

18. patplaysbass

patplaysbass Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 7, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Soon-to-be-ex Musician's Friend/Guitar Center Employee
    Probably not, as it's already been established that Jesus plays on a Hartke.

19. Sorry Dude.....Jesus recently signed a 4 year deal with Ampeg......:D

20. patplaysbass

patplaysbass Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 7, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Soon-to-be-ex Musician's Friend/Guitar Center Employee
    I'm pretty sure this thread confirms that Jesus does in fact play bass. I wonder how much Ampeg gave him...