1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Is this a TB Phishing attempt?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [DB]' started by mje, Apr 4, 2006.

1. mje

mje

Aug 1, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    I just received an email containing the following:

"Your e-mail address is on our active subscriber mailing list. This subscription enables you to receive valuable e-mail newsletters, announcements, and other information from TalkBass.com.

We are using a new service to send out our mailing list, and the program requires that all of our subscribers reconfirm their subscriptions so that we can maintain a 100% permission-based mailing list. Please verify that you want to continue as an active subscriber (member) to the TalkBass.com mailing list.

Do not reply to this e-mail. Instead, follow the hyperlink to confirm your subscription to our mailing list...."

The hyperlink goes to app.quicksizzl.com, a mass mailing site.

2. Yeah, is it lagit? I just got it too.

3. I never received that email.

4. hdiddy

hdiddy Official Forum Flunkee Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2004
    Richmond, CA
  5. mje

mje

Aug 1, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    The list maintainers might want to post something about this before they send a bulk mail next time... I am rather suspicious of sites like the one they used.

6. This is legit.
    Paul Determan, the board's owner and admin, wants to revive the newsletter so he sent that to cleanup the subscription list.