1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

is this a trick or an amazing deal..?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jsingles, Feb 26, 2008.

1. so i came across a used EDEN 410xst the other day...

tagged at 330....

it is UGLY looking (somebody put stickers on the grille then half sorta of ripped them off... its scratched.. its dirty.. the grille isnt perfectly flat...)

BUT i cranked the mofo up loud and it sounded FINE.. it pushed loud.. and clean....

note: this is the first time ive ever played an eden cab...

i am considering purchasing this upon further examination.. what should i look out for? this seems too good to be true...

2. scottbass

scottbass Bass lines like a big, funky giant

Jul 13, 2004
    Southern MN
    Well, they sell new for $1150, so I would say the $330 is quite a good deal.

If it sounded fine when played at high volume levels it is probably OK. I suppose one driver could be completely dead or something like that, but I assume you stuck your ear at each of the four positions to check for that. Did you also play it quietly?

There's really not too much to say - if it sounds OK at all frequencies and all volume levels, by all means buy it!

3. i will double check on the drivers! but It was loud so I am pretty sure they were all functional. i did try it quietly as well and it sounded fine. thanks for the tip

4. scottbass

scottbass Bass lines like a big, funky giant

Jul 13, 2004
    Southern MN
    Yeah, the worst case I can think of is maybe the tweeter is fried. But even then it's more than worth the asking price. Or maybe all four of the 1060XL 10" drivers have been replaced with cheap Radio Shack home stereo woofers? But that seems pretty unlikely. Besides, it would sound like crap if that were the case. Even if the drivers were all replaced with Eminence's or something like that it would still be a good price as long as it sounds good and handles the power.

5. true! I wish I could check what drivers were in it....

6. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    Just bring a good Philips screwdriver/cordless along and tell em you'll buy it if all the speakers are corect for the cab.
    They'll probably either pull-em for your inspection or let you carefully do it your self.

(place the cab on its back and dont let that screwdriver slip and poke a hole through a speaker)