is this all I need for my Warmoth custom bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by clanner, Oct 2, 2005.

1. clanner

clanner Token Black Guy.

Apr 27, 2005
    ummmmm, marietta GA
    2 questions on this.

I hope to someday start a custom bass and hope to use warmoth for this purpose, I know how to solder but have had little luck with wiring and grounding, would warmoth build the bass for me?

heres the list that I have compiled

Swamp Ash T-bird style body $200.00, routed for 2 MM pups
    Bn656 Brazilian Rosewood neck $259.00
    Blue Burst $220.00, matching Headstock $125.00
    2 4 String MM bass magnet, ceramic, $172.50
    3 band tone circuit 4 knobs $126.75 or 2 band passive tone circuit $96.75
    .090 black gloss PG $22.00 or .090 blue pearl $28.00
    Black Gotoh 206 Bridge $48.00 or Black Schaller 463 Bridge $57.00
    4 Black Gotoh GB7 Bass Tuners $8.75 ea. $35.00 total
    DPJS1B Black input jack $6.00, FBJ1B black jack plate $6.50
    Copper shielding
    FTK1B knobs $3.50 ea.
    NP1B Black Neck plate $5.25 ea.NP1b Neck plate pad $2.00 ea.
    CTS 500 &/or 250 potentiometers $3.00 ea.
    4 NS1B Neck plate Screws $0.50 ea., 16 PGS1B $4.00, 20 NTS1B bridge screws $7.00, 8 BMS1B Pup Mounting screws $2.40
    SSL1B Schaller strap locks $13.00
    NBGCB nut $4.00
    WK1 Wire set $5.95

I hope it's not to confusing, is everything I need there?

sorry if I sound stupid. I'm a teenager

p.s. if this goes well I hope to make a 3 MM pup version
  2. McHaven

Mar 1, 2005
    Well, you could have Nino Valenti put it together for you. I hear he does excellent work and uses Warmoth parts
  3. clanner

clanner Token Black Guy.

Apr 27, 2005
    ummmmm, marietta GA
    how much would he charge (on average) and how many potentiometers would I need?

I'm trying to come up with a correct total and I'm not sure about the # of pots nor am I sure about which preamp, MM pups are passive correct? I'm leaning towards the 2 band passive atm and this will be well in the future after I've graduated highschool (1 more year)

p.s. I may add a 3 way pup selecter (G&L L2000 style, neck, both, bridge)
  4. Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland

Prices start at $1299 for a 4 and $1399 for a 5 and go up as you add options.

You get more than what you pay for though, Nino's work is top notch and I don't think he has an unsatisfied customer anywhere based on what everyone here has said.
  5. clanner

clanner Token Black Guy.

Apr 27, 2005
    ummmmm, marietta GA
    thank you. thats what I was loking for. it will most likely take me several months to get the money for this bass. my band is planning to go on a local club tour and within the next year state tours.
  6. If you want something. You will get it.
    Often you just need some time.

Try to get an extra job in the weekends to get extra money.
    Don't waste money on alcohol and cigaretts.
  7. That sounds like it would be pretty tight, man. I'd go with a black pearl pickguard, myself, but that doesn't matter... much. :p

I'd say you should check in with Valenti when you get the bread together. I've had some experience with Warmoth products (and they are great products). However, putting stuff together if you don't have any or much experience is rough. Valenti KNOWS what he is doing. Talk to the man and see what he can do!
  8. clanner

clanner Token Black Guy.

Apr 27, 2005
    ummmmm, marietta GA
    since I don't smoke or drink that's a plus. but before I buy another bass (I have 3, fretted 4, fretless 4, and fretted 5) I need to upgrade my amp from 100 watts to 1200. so this will take a while for a broke highschool kid.
  9. clanner

clanner Token Black Guy.

Apr 27, 2005
    ummmmm, marietta GA
    update, if possible i may try and acquire a set of passive dark stars.
  10. Geezerman

Nov 28, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Look into Nino, he will be my first luthier :D
  11. thisSNsucks

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    Definately save up and have Nino put your dream bass together. If you dont have any experience ever putting a bass together I wouldn't buy nice expensive warmoth parts if theres a chance you might mess up. If you're going to spend that much you might as well just hold off and have it done right. It'll save you some headaches.
  12. For Warmoth assembly, if you do not know a reputable local luthier, go the Nino Valenti route, he seems to have a devoted base (no pun intended) [​IMG]
  13. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    For good reason. His work is impeccable.
  14. Keef

Jul 3, 2003
    Hollywood, CA
    How much does Nino charge for setup and assembly (assuming the customer has already bought the components beforehand)?