Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Is this an Aria PE? Or What?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tactician, Aug 6, 2002.

1. Is this an Aria Pro II PE? It's translucent blue and a Les Paul shape. Two black pick-ups, 4 peg head, two per side rather like a rickenbacker shape, gold fittings and 4 control knobs in black. No pick-guard - all rear installed electrics. I got this in a swap for a Japanese telecaster when asked to play bass in a band. Without ant documentation coming with it I've had a real problem understanding what this is - I worked out how the controls worked by opening up the cover. I also found that it's active - does anyone know how long these batteries last? Does the bass just go dull when it's worn out?

2. chris h

chris h Guest

Jun 16, 2002
    Oxford, England
    I have heard of Aria PRO's but not a 'PE'. Could you attach a photo?

Batteries in active circuits usually last about 3000 hours in EMG pickups, but may be less on a budget type system. replace them with new ones now, and then again every few months to be safe. unplug the jack from the bass when not in use, as this will cost you batteries (the jack completes the circuit and effectively turns on the pickups)

3. I would if I could figure out how to insert it.

Seems to want an IP address rather than just an insert of a jpeg.

4. chris h

chris h Guest

Jun 16, 2002
    Oxford, England
    Go to the bottom of the reply page, click on 'Browse' and browse your hard drive for the pic.

5. Here it is. As I am Internet consultant by day - you can only imagine how excited I was to have you tell me how to do something as simple as that - do I feel dumb or what?!

6. chris h

chris h Guest

Jun 16, 2002
    Oxford, England
    Lol it took me a while to figure out too, I must admit.

The headstock looks like every other Aria I have seen. I havent seen one like a les paul shape though, but that looks nice. Meaty pickups!

7. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    [​IMG]

smug mode

8. Yep the pick-ups can be driven by the active circuits. It's what I now know to be a normal set up (it didn't come with instructions I swapped it for a Jerry Donohoe Japanese telecaster that the guy in the shop wanted off me) came with a price tag about $600, but as it was a swap I have no way of knowing if someone would have paid that. As we're out in the counrty here the discount stores are about 35 miles away. Both pick-ups seems to be very useable and create a wide variety of sounds dependent on the settings.

Would really like to know more about this though - anyone got one, seen, one, played one?

9. OK Chris - I spend most of my time with the Directors - so I know more than them but not more than you that's for sure! Ha Ha

10. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    Actually thats all I know-how to surf around a bass site.

All you do is copy the address of the atached file and do the IMG thing.

BTW how's Swindon? I used to spend my Summer's in Brinkworth.

11. Well its still there and looking more like any USA small city every year. Not much like the rest of wiltshire

12. chris h

chris h Guest

Jun 16, 2002
    Oxford, England
    My gran used to live in Wiltshire. Glorious place. Hi CS hows it going?! Three brits on one thread! is this a record?!

13. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    Red Dwarf quote-the cat last series (I think).

14. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    It's going fine now Iv'e recovered from lager frenzy last night (guess the UK sitcom that quote was from).

BTW there are a number of English people (refuses to type Brit-D'oh (easy one) on this board

Howard K
    Bruce
    MTR
    Spike although he's emigrating
    Si Bob
    Groove Facilator

plus

Johnny Boom Boom
    Big Daddy Cool

are from Scotland

Also I have met Paul A and Steve Lawson. Steve is playing at the Basscentre in Nov and quite a few TBers said they will go (which probably means absolutely nothing).

15. chris h

chris h Guest

Jun 16, 2002
    Oxford, England
    Spike is a top bloke, im buying a pink 1957 re-issue p-bass off him in a few weeks!