1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Is this an Ibanez BTB 575 or?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Acmak, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

100.0%
  3. Carrots.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Pizza.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Acmak

Acmak

Jun 21, 2017
    Netherlands
    So i was looking into buying a 6 string bass, second hand ofcourse (i'm cheap), and this Ibanez BTB 575 caught my eye. Ibanez1.JPG Ibanez2.JPG Ibanez3.JPG Ibanez4.JPG
    For just €350!
    The problem i'm having is that the fretboard isn't rosewood like i'm seeing everywhere, the pickups don't say bartolini on them, and i see a lot of pictures with it being neck-through. And because i'm not exactly an Ibanez expert, i thought i'd go see what you guys have to say. So i'm not sure if the guy just got the model wrong, maybe it's a fake or maybe he just changed stuff (he claims he hasn't). Thoughts?

PS I'm happy to announce my first talkbass poll!

2. AM Reflection

AM Reflection Supporting Member

Oct 10, 2016
    Georgia
    Wrong model. The 575 is a 5 string bass. On Ibanez basses., the last number in the name is the number of strings. This looks like a BTB 556.

3. Acmak

Acmak

Jun 21, 2017
    Netherlands
    Ah ofcourse, i thought it was weird i couldn't find any 6 string models of it haha! Thanks for clearing that up :) Now i can't find any prices on the 556, unlike the 575, so do you also happen to know it's value? It seems to be "as new" more or less.

4. BassmanM

BassmanM

Feb 17, 2011
    Hamburg, Germany
    It is worth what the person who buys it us willing to pay for it. ;)

€350 is a good price for it imho.

5. Acmak

Acmak

Jun 21, 2017
    Netherlands
    Is it a 35" scale like the 575 though? I can't find any of the info i need on this :'(

6. I think all BTBs are 35" scale, except the BTB 33, which is a 33" scale five string, but tuned, E-A-D-G-C.

That is a nice bass you have there.

I think the bolt-ons have a little more growl than the neck-throughs.

Mike

7. Acmak

Acmak

Jun 21, 2017
    Netherlands
    Yeah i think that's true for most basses out there. I noticed that first between the warwick thumb nt and bo models. The NT is more expensive but the BO has a ton more of that signature growl. By the way, turns out this one is from 2001! Surprised to see it's in such a good shape. Anyway, thanks for the info guys, i'll let you know what happens.

8. Barticus

Barticus Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2017
    NEOhio
    That Ibanez is in great shape, and seems to be a good deal.

I thought it was just me :) that thought the BO on the Thumb was punchier with more growl. Both of my Thumbs are BOs for this reason, I compared to the NT when I first bought and like the BO tone better. I thought they sounded better then I upgraded to the 3band and that was even better.

9. Acmak

Acmak

Jun 21, 2017
    Netherlands
    I was too late, sold already. Guess i wasn't the only one interested. Yeah i actually own a Thumb NT 5 myself, because getting an NT 5 from 2001 in pristine condition for just $1250 is a steal! (yes the dollar sign is intentional) I couldn't let that just fly by. My favorite bass atm. Hence my profile pic ;)