Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ficelles, May 16, 2018 at 8:48 AM.
Is this the sign of an overheated voice coil, or just some weird corrosion?
wow. if that a Vifa ?
Looks like nothing more that a bit of corrosion on some manufacturing swarf to me . . . The vc isn't close enough to the backplate to transmit that much heat there if it tried . . .
You should carefully clean that stuff off.
Toxic? I wiped it off into the trash with a paper towel, came away as a powder.
Truthfully I don’t know. My dad would have - he was a Metallurgical Chemist. I followed Electrical Engineering.
It's likely zinc oxide, harmless corrosion unless it ends up in the gap due to storing the speaker in damp places.