1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Is this an R Bass headstock?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Ronen, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Ronen

Ronen

Feb 9, 2003
    Milky Way Galaxy
    Found this on the bay but never saw an RBass with this logo before. The R shape is different.
    Anyone?
    ed9b_1.

2. Rickett Customs

Rickett Customs

Jul 30, 2007
    Southern Maryland
    Luthier: Rickett Customs...........www.rickettcustomguitars.com
    Although I'm not the most familiar with Rbass, from the looks on the Rbass site and the following pic, The headstock logo looks similar to Carl Thompson. It's not RR guitars either.The headstock you display, is something else, can you post some more detailed pics of it?

R-BassSinglecut047.

3. Ronen

Ronen

Feb 9, 2003
    Milky Way Galaxy
    Well, if you look at these pictures, leave the headstock out and this is an RBass, the Fodera style.
    Shape of body, back of the headstock, bolts placement... all looks like RBass. Also the truss nut cover fits.
    It's just the R shape + its appearance on the truss cover + the top of the headstock is symmetric. I only saw asymmetrical headstocks.

e62d_1.
    f019_1.
    e62d_0.

4. jacochops

jacochops

Jul 2, 2000
    Bryan, TX
    That IS an R Bass. I was the first owner of it. Plays AMAZING, but it's a 35" scale, which was the deal killer. Nice bass, whoever picks it up. Has the Fodera Haz Labs pre, which is nice!

5. Ronen

Ronen

Feb 9, 2003
    Milky Way Galaxy
    Cool.
    What is this logo, when was it built?
    hope you don't mind me asking you instead of the seller... just curiosity.
    If it wasn't a 35" I would have taken it.

6. gkbass13

gkbass13 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Chicago
    that is ray's older shape when he had a more fodera-esque approach. he has changed his headstock designs numerous times though as well as the logo placement on the headstock and such. i think that is the one that kent kline is selling. i have emailed him back and forth numerous times about it but he never gives me final prices or the info i request, and always says he is busy and will email me again soon...dont understand why one would email someone to say they will email you again. kind of a weird guy to work with in my opinion. but maybe he'll be better on ebay.

if he already sold that bass to someone else and they are the ones selling it on ebay, my bad, but i was talkign with him about that bass less than 2 months ago.

7. Ronen

Ronen

Feb 9, 2003
    Milky Way Galaxy
    Here is the eBay sale
    This guy has also an old but nice Sukop for sale, both basses for what seems like a very good starting price. No bids so far however.

8. jacochops

jacochops

Jul 2, 2000
    Bryan, TX
    Nope...that's not Kent's auction...Kent lives in Idaho. For 950, I'd hit it!