Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Is this any good?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ryuujin, Aug 21, 2003.

1. ryuujin

ryuujin

Jun 1, 2003
    Delaware, OH
  2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Yea thats a nice deakl. I played a curbow once, it played rather nicely, and for under $300, thats a steal.

3. ryuujin

ryuujin

Jun 1, 2003
    Delaware, OH
    How did it sound? I play mostly metal and prog but I like my sound to be rather smooth and warm instead of really rough and aggressive.

4. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    good bass but def a try before you buy. I didnt really like the feel or the balance of the instrument. It may be sumone elses cup of tea but not mine. Im used to a more conventional feel of a bass and i didnt like this one sitting down at all. The necks are pretty thin too and im used to a phat neck. It would be a good bass if you like it, but id try one first.

5. ryuujin

ryuujin

Jun 1, 2003
    Delaware, OH
    well I like thin necks. but trying before I buy would be a problem. I don't live near any store that carry curbows used or new. I guess since its cheap I could always sell it if I don't like it. and on balance what was wrong with it? did it neck dive really easy or was the body way heavier than the neck?

6. I, for one, dislike Cort Curbows intensely. My experience with them has always been pretty unpleasent. Their sound is really muddy for my tastes, and the B string on the fives that I've played were pretty sloppy.

7. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    i only played it sitting down, but since the bottom is so small keeping the neck up is a consant struggle. The cort curbows are like the squiers compared to a super custom shop fender. The actual curbows, though shaped the same, are some of the nicest basses ive seen around. The cort versions pale in comparison.

8. ryuujin

ryuujin

Jun 1, 2003
    Delaware, OH
    well ill email the guy and ask him about that B string. otherwise its sounding like this could be a great buy.

9. Jontom

Jontom

Mar 11, 2002
    New York
    FWIW, the guys at basspalace are nice to deal with(got a P-bass from them a few months back)and if you express your intentions/fears they will accomodate you. For me the Curbows are well-constructed, they have a compressed tone, but lack character.:(