1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Is this Audere config redundant?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by andrewd, Oct 20, 2006.

1. andrewd

andrewd

Sep 5, 2003
    - Master volume
    - Balance
    - Bass
    - Mid
    - Treble

- Active/Passive switch
    - stacked P-style/true treb

so that would mean a treble control for the active eq, and a tone rolloff for the passive? what's the "true-treble"?

I'm gonna put this in my carvin lb76 :D

2. Audere

Audere Supporting Member Commercial User

Apr 7, 2005
    South Beach, OR
    Owner: Audere Audio
    A true treble control is a high frequency roll off which works only in passive mode - i.e. a cap and pot which roll off the highs - just like a fender (or any other) passive bass

A passive style treble control is a high frequency roll off which works like a passive style roll off but it works only in active mode.

A standard active treble control moves the level of the high frequencies up or down

A high frequency roll off control - starts reducing all content above X frequency. X is changed as the pot is rotated.

With the Audere preamp you can have both types of high frequency controls operating in the active mode at the same time.

Some players like one or the other. A few want both options...

This would be both types of high frequency roll offs stacked

If you want "treble control for the active eq, and a passive high frequency roll off for the passive" then:
    You only need a separate true-treble control as you have already selected the standard active treble control

David

3. andrewd

andrewd

Sep 5, 2003
    sweet

thanks for the response, didn't know that audere had a presence on TB.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 17, 2021