1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Is this bass any good?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by S_R_T, Apr 26, 2010.

1. S_R_T

S_R_T

Apr 26, 2010
    I need help with something. I want to buy a new bass, and I found a good deal in a store near me. Its an Aria SB-404/5 5 string bass. The problem is I can't find much information about this bass and I'd like to know more before I buy it and find out that it isn't that great.
    I'm not in a band right now, but I'm looking for something that I can use for most styles of music.
    Can anyone tell me more about this bass please?

2. jbalou02

jbalou02

Mar 8, 2010
    Looks nice, but what is a "good deal"? Looks like they go for around $650 retail. Have you had a chance to play it?

3. Don't know about the Aria but Squier makes some very good 5 strings right now and they are pretty inexpensive.

4. Alembic83

Alembic83 Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2005
    Salem, Oregon
    Well, there is one 'review' on Musician's Friend for this bass. But it's not very in depth. For what it's worth, the guy liked it. Here is the link:
    http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend...ngkol-5String-Electric-Bass-Guitar?sku=620513

It does look like a nice bass, though. You can see the online retail price ($679) at least to compare with the shop near you. If it plays well and sound good, and the price is indeed a bargain, then go for it.
    Post pics in the Aria club if you do!

5. S_R_T

S_R_T

Apr 26, 2010
    When I said good deal, i meant that it was about 360€, hard case included. Ive decided to go for it, and I'm pretty happy with it right now. I'll post in the Aria club when I get the chance. Thanks for the help