1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Is this bass worth fixing up?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Canadia142, Jun 12, 2004.

1. Hi ya'll! First I'd like to say I'm new here. I've been playing bass for about a year and a half.

Anyways on to the question.

I have two basses. One is a Squire jazz bass(which I love) and I have a little johnson p bass(it's a fender p relica kinda).

I got the johnson as my first bass for christmas and after I got my jazz I put it under my closet and never touched it again. Now I'm thinking about a fretless and since everyone and their mother says don't defret unless you have a bass you can lose I thought why not my johnson? Then I got to thinkin, if I defret it and get some new strings and a new pickup I might be able to turn this into a nifty little bass.

Sooooo my question is, do you think it would be worth it to put the time and money into trying to make my johnson turn good? I want to do it but if it would be a waste of time then I have better things to spend my money on.

comments/ideas appreciated :D

2. Metallideth

Metallideth

Feb 19, 2004
    i think it is if you do it all your self. It an experience that youd get from putting new, picksups, bridge and electronics, while defretting it. IMHO it would.