1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Is this connect-method effecktive?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by initialsl, Oct 4, 2008.

1. initialsl

initialsl

Oct 4, 2008
    Can this connect method work regular?
    It's really strange.

Attached Files:

2. initialsl

initialsl

Oct 4, 2008
    Could I use line out and parallel out as FX send/return ?

3. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    If its a parallel out, putting something into it won't work. Or at least shouldn't. It might allow you to mix the input and effect signal, but the Ωs wouldn't match for one. Or at least depending on the bass they wouldn't. Then there's the variable of "are the effects delaying my signal a little". Even my old PODxt had a 5ms delay from input to output. Could cause signal issues.

That said I don't see why you couldn't try it out. Just be careful of signal level, especially from the FX Processor.

4. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    +1
    However as Dan said, trying it out probably won't hurt anything.

5. initialsl

initialsl

Oct 4, 2008
    I will have a small experiment to test it

6. KsToaDangr

KsToaDangr Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2007
    Columbia, SC
    maybe I'm missing something, but why not just connect the bass out to the processor, then the processor out to the bass attack, and the direct out to the mixing board...seems a little easier to me.

7. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

It will work fine as a giant feedback generator. If the bass is active that is, otherwise you're just shortcutting your circuit.
    I have no idea what this diagram is trying to achieve.

8. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I think he thinks he can get parallel processing this way, like a blender pedal. But of course it's not one. ;)