Is This Cool?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Jsacci(DT), Dec 22, 2003.

1. I want to start a hard rock instrumental band (kinda like Liquid Tension Experiment, exept a tad harder). And I want to name the band Hells Orchestra, I was wondering of y'all think thats a cool name, and if y'all have any otehr ideas, thank you.
  2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    The names not that good, but it's not painfully bad. Make good music and don't worry about it. "Somethings" orchestra would be cool.... Using "hell" is tired though. Best of luck! Post some mp3's, I love heavy instrumental music.
  3. Are you going to use orchestral instrumentation, or more traditional "rock band" instrumentation?

I wasn't aware that hell had an orchestra, although that might explain piccolos.
  4. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Drop the "orchesta" thing till you actually have the actual group of musicians.

Im on a rock instrumental band too (looking for a singer, but not looking that hard though ;) )

at first i didn't think people would like the instrumental thing but the first gig we had went fine :cool:

our name is cheesier though ("Eclectic Band" or just "Eclectika" as some people named us) :D
  5. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

IMO, don't worry about the name much. As long as you're good, the name doesn't matter.

Yeah, a really catchy name, :) , like one I made up for a joke - "DNA Warp" - can attract some people --- ONCE.
    There's a local club where nutzo bands with great, off-the-wall, names get a good crowd, although filling the place doesn't take much because the room is tiny. But, big name bands on tour who come to town go there after a show because they know they'll see something different.
    But almost all of those area bands are lousy bands who really don't "deliver the goods", musically....and you rarely/never see them again. However, they usually have interesting names that are much more intriguing than the music they play.

BUT, if your band is laying down some good music, I don't think the band's name really matters....WHY??? - SEE BELOW -

CASE IN POINT - The Goo Goo Dolls.
    Is that an incredibly crappy ass name ??? IMO - YES
    Is The Dave Matthews Band an incredibly boring name ??? IMO - YES

Can they play good music and are they succesful ??? A whole lot of people and I buying CD's think so.