Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Is this for real?!?!

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by BigRed, Apr 22, 2004.

1. BigRed

BigRed

Apr 1, 2004
    Palestine, TX
    Is Michael Manring really on these boards? He's one of my favorite bassists! I first saw him on Bass Day 98...very impressive.

Now if we can just get Patitucci and Wooten on here, it'll be complete!!!

Oh yeah, hi Michael. Thanks for the great bass guitaring... :bassist:

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I know! I felt the same way when he first came here, It's incredibly nice of him to drop in. He and Steve make a great team when it comes to covering all things solo bass.

3. BigRed

BigRed

Apr 1, 2004
    Palestine, TX
    After rereading my post, it sounds like I'm a 12 year old girl and Britney Spears just walked into the room! What in the world...

:hyper:

Still, having one of the best bassists in the world hang out with us and give us tips is just the coolest. That's what I like about bass players. There just isn't competition or any of that "I'm better than you" attitudes (guitar players *cough* drummers *cough*).

4. bassjigga

bassjigga

Aug 6, 2003
    Michael's very nice about responding to people. I've even asked him a couple questions through email via his web site and he's responded. (I try not to bug him too often though)

Dave

5. Yeah, I agree with you guys. Michael Manring, Steve Lawson and Mike Dimin all answer their own emails which is great. I did send an email to Victor Wooten, but I doubt that he'll reply.

6. Doooooooooooooon't, I'll tell. :crying: :bawl:

Hey man, you forgot singers!

7. BigRed

BigRed

Apr 1, 2004
    Palestine, TX
    I was referring to competition...not whining!! ;)

8. Michael Manring

Michael Manring TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Thank you so much, everyone. It's a pleasure to be able to chat with folks here from time to time. I'm sorry I'm not able to check in as much as I'd like, but please be patient with me and I'll do my best to answer any questions you have.