Is this for real!??!?!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bassline_Delux, Jan 4, 2005.

1. Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    They're kinda heavy- that's why I took mine out of my rig. Also, the 1200W per side is at 2 ohms. The 2400W bridged is at 4 ohms. Go to Behringer's site and grab the real specs. They're OK, nothing special. I think the 2500 puts out 450W at 8 ohm. Check here
  2. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    IME, you get what you pay for. 2400 what frequency? :eyebrow:
  3. icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    i ask the same question to a friend that own a DJ stuff related shop in the city I live in, he said the duming factor was very important in power amp, this one has a medium one, but for the price it's a FAIR FAIR FAIR deal.
  4. jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    It´s easy to sell cheap products when you steel someone elses design... (QSC RMX anyone?)
  5. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    How is it any different than everyone and their brother stealing the Fender Bassman design, or the Fender Jazz Bass design? :eyebrow:
  6. Warwick player

Warwick player

Dec 31, 2002
    Bucks, UK
    1200 watts, what type of Watts? (no pun intended)

RMS, Peak to Peak, Peak????
  7. Emprov

Mar 19, 2003
    I've heard that Behringer stuff is made with really inexpensive and cheaply made components and that their failure rates are astronomically high. Personally, I've only had one of their mixers and it worked pretty darn good for me while I had it. Not sure that I'd trust my bass's power plant to Behringer though.
  8. kaboom133

Oct 19, 2001
    Latrobe PA
    *sigh* here we go :rolleyes:
  9. Hey, it says right in the ad, first paragraph mind you, that it is "a dependable workhorse that will never let you down."

So why the trepidation? It's in black and white. No worries here.

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

"*sigh* here we go :rolleyes: "

Indeed. "europower" obviously means more power for your Euro. :p
  10. sdguyman

Jan 31, 2003
    San Diego
    Well I've had my 2500 now I want to say for a year. I think a year I forget exactly when they came out but I believe I bought one of the very first ones available from musiciansfriend. I've had no problems with it what so ever and its plenty loud for the cabs I use. (1 2/10 and 2 1/15 cabs) When all 3 cabs are chained together I believe I'm at 2 ohms. (2/10 cab is 4 ohms and each 15 cab is 8 ohms) So I'm getting the full power out of amp. Sure your going to hear people say they ripped off QMC or whatever the company is called but in reality for the price this is a darn good power amp.
  11. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
  12. bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    It's morally wrong to copy something and sell for it less. Copying a design and selling it for two or three times the price is fair game.
  13. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    That's one of the dumbest thing I've ever read--I can only assume you're joking.

So, Rondo/Essex are "morally wrong," but Sadowsky/Lull/etc are okay. :rollno:
  14. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
  15. Tim__x

Aug 13, 2002
    Alberta, Canada
    Why is Toroid marked as a regestired trademark? :confused:
  16. tekhna

Nov 7, 2004

It is called capitalism. I don't agree with it, I think it is wrong, but it is the psuedo-system we are living in. So deal with it.
  17. bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    It's called tongue in cheek.