Is this for real?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by wilks, Dec 7, 2002.

1. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    That's sick. Of course it's a joke, but to even get those pics is bordering on animal abuse. I'm sure he thinks it's funny but to me that is one morbid brain at work.
  2. odie

odie Supporting Member

A site or that site has been around for a very longtime. Its disturbing and tastless but luckily it is a joke.
  3. I feel kinda in the middle. I have 4 cats, 1 gecko, and a buncha fish (pond goldfish had some hella babies...lordy). I really am an animal lover, but I actually got a chuckle outta that website. If I was there during the pics though, I would not have let it go on. I just don't understand what I think is funny though.....I could never understand doing something like that to a sentient being that I consider a companion. Maybe it's just the imagery and the way it's presented.

But as I think about it, it truely is a sicko thing. I just feel for the animals treated in that fashion.
  4. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Yes its both a joke and sick, but I have to ask: What kind of a search do you do to come across a site like that?:(
  5. its a joke, and im with the hippy guy - tufnuts :p, funny but sick.. - the cats plased next to or under the glasses, and then the way the photos are taken, it makes it look like the kitty is inside the glass...
  6. FretNoMore

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    You wish. This kitty is solidly IN the jar. Not behind or under.

Funny? Don't think so. Not that it hurt the cat, but not very good taste to do it for a joke either.
  7. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Old. Very old.
  8. punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
    Oh for gods sake.

The cats are fine...its a kitten. Its not like it didnt just back out of the jar after he took the picture and forget it ever happened. Lighten up. Its not in any pain, nor is it stressed. My cats get in jars for fun, seriously.

And this cracks me up...

This is coming from a guy who literally lives in a zoo.
  9. FretNoMore

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    I don't know. Perhaps you could explain why it is funny? I don't get it.
  10. punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
    Well, if i thought the cat was in any stress, it wouldnt be. I dont wanna see animals in pain. Just the amount of effort this guy has gone into just makes me laugh.

Have you read the guestbook section? or the kiddie section? This guy has too much time on his hands.

And that pic reminds me of my cat when it rolls down the stairs.
  11. Only

Sep 8, 2002
    Warrensburg, MO
    My cats will climb into stuff and end up looking just like that kitten, without any interference on my part. If I get my giant glass pitcher down to make lemonade or Tang, and I turn my back on it for two seconds, I end up with a pitcher full of cat. Usually with her tail sticking out of the pouring spout.
  12. BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    How peculiar. I never liked cats anyways.

13. repeat after me, folks. it's not freakin' real.
  14. bman

Dec 4, 2000
    Sandown, N.H., USA
    Because it's a <i>cat.</i> In a <i>jar.</i>
    It's all smooshed up and stuck in a jar. Y'know?
  15. FretNoMore

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north

A *cat*!!!

Never mind. :p
  16. [​IMG]

Kitty bondage is sick. I'd hate to be this guy when he's not wearing long pants and shoes around the house lol. Cats will come up w/ a way to sneak up on ya and "let the blood out of the skin". Mine do it as a joke to me I think....
  17. punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001

Never Mind :p