1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Is this guy a fake? Regards my buisness...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Jared92, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Jared92

Jared92

Nov 1, 2007
    Fairfax VA
    So I do an iPod repairs serivce. I have listed on several major sites. On one of them i received this messege today. Fake?

Dear Seller
    I will like to buy this your item on behalf of my client if the item still available for sale.And I will pay you any amount you which to sale it as your last price.my client will send you M/O or Cashier Check as a mode of payment.i agreed to pay any amount you want to sell the item for me any additional money for handling. Here will go i am using this opportunity to inform you that the amount that i am purchasing this item on behalf of my client.and ur payment will be made inform of cashier check or M/O also the amount that will be on the payment will more than your item fees because i will be including the shipping and state tax fees .i don"t really know the exact amount that will be.b cos it will be issue by my client who is owning me some money .and the reason of the over payment is that. the amount on the payment has been signed already,and it is more than your item fees.so once you receive it.you must deduct your item fees and western union the balance money back .so all the info you need for to ship and westernunion the balance money back will surely come with the payment .there will be no problem about the shipment.i want you to responsible for it.also make sure you deduct ur item fees and western union any additional money on the payment once you receive it. Here will go.i would have end the auction but i don"t know how to do it.so i want you to go and end the auction for me asap. to assure you that i am really interested in ur item. i will add extra $10.00 in ur payment if you end the auction for me asap. and email me ur mailing info and your phone# asap today. So i will like proceed with this transaction this my private email which is (xxxxxxxx#@yahoo.com) so get back to me over there if you agree to sell the item for me.Bellow are the questions i have for you.
    1)is the item in good condition?
    2)is any western union location where you to send the balance money around you?
    3)Can you make sure you get the check cash at ur bank the same day you receive it?
    4)Can you allow me to send DH L for the pick up and complete the transaction the day you receive the check?
    5)Can you promise me that you will once deduct your item fees and send back the remaining money once you have receive and cash the check?
    If yes too all my questions.kindly email me back asap today so that the check can be send asap,
    SO I WANT YOU TO REPLY ME BACKTO THIS MY EMAIL xxxxxxx#@yahoo.com ok..
    Thanks,
    Payment is ready for your item but i need ur full name and Address and ur mobile# asap (??????)
    Answer all my questions and get back to me with your full name and address asap today.

To remind you make sure your reply goes to this my private email which is iwontshowthisguysadress@yahoo.com

Thanks..

I mean it has nothing to do with what im "selling" which is a service not an item. What is the meaning of this nonsence?

2. Scam.

3. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    Yes, scam.

4. Jared92

Jared92

Nov 1, 2007
    Fairfax VA
    Ok sounds good.

5. bigthemat

bigthemat

Jan 25, 2008
    Salt Lake City
    I have a couple listings in the facebook marketplace and I get that email almost verbatim about twice a week about "the item for sales"

6. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    NO NO NO.

Sounds BAD!

ABORT!

:bag:

:D

7. Bryan316

Bryan316 Banned

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit
    For Allah's sake, if scammers want us to actually bite, couldn't they get someone to proofread their crap? This thing is just chock-full of red flags.

Sell his contact information to the spamming companies.

8. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    It's your idea, so go for it. Call a few of those homeboys up and offer to clean up the e-mails they send out so more people from the USA will believe them.

The scammers need a fresh, tidy, and error free approach. Even the most ignorant people in the USA can sniff out the fake e-mails now.

-Mike

9. cdef

cdef

Jul 18, 2003
    Not exactly convincing, is it? They're supposedly going to overpay for some lame reason, and then want you to send the balance back post haste. I wonder if anyone ever fell for this?

10. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Oh yeah...I think the HD in my 30GB is dying. Sometimes it works, other times I get the sad face and it won't come on. How much would it be to fix this?

-Mike

11. Jared92

Jared92

Nov 1, 2007
    Fairfax VA
    Ok..... i hope you knew i meant it sounds good that it was a scam and not to make contact... :ninja:

12. MyUsernameHere

MyUsernameHere ?????????????

Nov 3, 2007
    Lexington KY
    Dear Talkbass members
    I would like to reply to this post on behalf on my client in assuring you good sirs that this e-mail is absolutely legitimate. If you send me your social security numbers, valid address and bank account numbers I would be happy to pay you the sum of $4,000,000 as a show of good faith. However, in order to send you this money I will require your credit card number and $500 dollars, which I will be willing to accept immediately, in order to verify that you are not some kind of criminal...:rolleyes:

13. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    956-48-9784

201 W. Go To H*ll St.
    New York NY 12345

CC# 4555 0000 0000 0021
    exp 01/06

I could use $3,999,500 to fly to Nigeria and hire some goons to get those bastards that scammed me.

Pay Up Sucka :D

14. Disraeli Gears

Disraeli Gears

May 29, 2007
    ..I'll take you up on that.. :bag::p