Is this guy humble or what?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by burk48237, Feb 10, 2006.

1. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
  2. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Every time he opens his ignorant mouth, I think he's a bigger jackass.
  3. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    You misconstrued what he said. He never mentioned "should be in the bible." He mentioned what he thought his role in the Bible would have been. He said he would be a griot (storyteller), I'd probably be an unbeliever until I saw a miracle firsthand.

His impact on music is unquestionable though. It's non-existant. He took classic R&B cuts/sounds and rapped over them, not exactly to the same standard as the creation of rock and roll or Miles kickstarting fusion. Before this becomes a bashfest, consider that Miles had about 100 albums to refine his sound many different times. While Kayne only has two releases.
  4. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Seriously overrated, very slick tunes and a mediocre MC. His arrogance isn't helping.
  5. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    Kayne West sucks ass. He's no Donny Hathaway, Marvin Gaye or Stevie Wonder. Period.
  6. fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    But you're focusing on only his solo stuff, he's also a producer for other rap/pop artists (Dilated Peoples off the top of my head). Alot of the current pop scene could probably be attributed back to him. Though he is cocky.
  7. I wish people would contribute to society and then shut their mouth and let good come to them, if it does, in its own time.
    I think saying
    "If I dont get a grammy theres finna be a problem"
    is right at all. I think hes got his head shoved up his *** to far to realize that he makes music, and the only people successful in music and make it in the long run are the ones who do it for the love of it, not for a stupid grammy.
  8. plexibass

Jun 30, 2005
    he probably does
  9. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    This is typical of manufactured celebrities that have little-to-nothing in the way of creativity. I call it "Michael Jackson Syndrome." It's when your PR people realize that you are creatively inert and decide that acting like a cretin is the only way they are going to get paid. Ignorance and arrogance are potent ingredients on the way to a VH-1 Where Are They Now segment. I expect to hear of his impending marriage to Paris Hilton any day.
  10. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Miles was arrogant too.:meh:

But like it or not, kanye west has made an indisputable impact on the current music scene. He has had tremendous influence not only with his own work but the countless list of people he's worked with and the people that are now trying to imitate his style. He's less of a modern day miles and more of a modern day Dr. Dre, but he still has his place and I give credit where credit is due.

But also, where in that article does he say anything about thinking he's the next (insert legendary songwriter)? It doesn't. He also didn't say that he should be in the bible in a literal sense, he was talking figuratively, he believes that he is playing a modern role of a griot, which, isn't entirely inaccurate considering his primary demographic doesn't know **** about ****, and he has raised the bar with his music.
  11. Fire-Starter

Fire-Starter Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2002
    considering he has had such a tragic event..the car wreck that required him to have his mouth would think he would be bit more humble. I think he is really full of himself, and beggin..or making passive threats about what is going to happen if he does not get a grammy is just wack.

pfft...rant over:eyebrow:
  12. phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    I thought this kind of bragging was an essential part of being an MC.
  13. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

A pop star with an ego? Gasp! What is this world coming to.
  14. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Kurtis Blow could kick his butt in a rap-off anyday!

15. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I like the 'Rappin' Duke' better.
  16. Kanye West sucks ass! Exclamation point!
  17. Who's Kanye West?

<Search iTunes>Pfft, you don't have to answer that.
    Someone help the man find the key.

18. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Yeah, and Beatles said they were bigger than Jesus. And Oasis said they were bigger than the Beatles.

Who cares? When Kanye fades away like a rash you finally get topical ointment for, he'll just look like that much more of a fool.
  19. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    that's what I keep thinking... I'll have to hit Launch or and see if I've heard anything the man has done.
  20. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    All this new rap is crap...

what happened to bad ronald?