Is this happen to you too?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by zoran, May 23, 2003.

1. zoran

May 10, 2002
    Yesterday I spoke to my wife talking about new aguilar cabs I intend to buy, and in the midlle of conversation she started to cry and... she said that I'm happy only when I talk about bass gear, that she is jealous because of that."your glockenklang is more important than me... etc etc.
    Question: is this happen to you also, and is it good commercial to glockenklang they give me enough money after possible divorse?:bassist:
  2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I usually fail even in the earlier stages of a relationship so I can't really answer that. :meh:

But I doubt Udo and the gang will fork out money for that. It's a small outfit - 6 people, and even the endorsers have to pay for their gear.

I recommend checking out her "equipment" more often :p

edited for a typo
  3. zoran

May 10, 2002
    :eek: :eek: :smug:
  4. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    Not a recommendation, just a comment. :)

On a serious note though, try to find out what's really behind the problem. Perhaps you should be more involved in her interests, or do more things together? If she has interests and hobbies of her own, and you also have a life and activities in common, you will also be allowed your own space.
  5. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    This is the same as having a flashing neon sign that says: PROBLEMS AHEAD! I´m stunned that you haven´t yet sustained hearing damage from the warning siren that has been wailing for probably quite some time now.

If you care about/love your woman, sit down with her and work this out.
  6. we cant help you with this only you both know what is in store, you guys just have to realize theres problem and that you need to find a good way to fix it.
  7. Yes, it happens to me.

"You love your Bass more then me."

Well, when you whine like that... yes I do.
  8. malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City

It's easy to recognize that she is being a nag or the "B-word". It's more difficult, yet REQUIRED, to find out why.

9. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    i feel for you bud!!
  10. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Since my current gig pays, I always talk to my wife about "how the band is doing". I also tell her if I want to "buy" gear. If you are in a co-operative relationship it is essential to communicate these things. Unless you don't care if the relationship goes south.

I also take time to be with my wife away from everything else too. No TV, or other distractions. Have her talk to you. that's all you have to do. They want to know that you care about what they think, and that you listen.
  11. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
  12. I guess I am lucky in this regard. My wife knows how important music (and since bass is my primary instrument, my basses and gear) is (are) to me. Hours of practice each day don't cause strife, and GAS is fine. She even helps figure out how to pay for the GAS attacks. If all that weren't enough, she is beautiful, too. I'm still trying to figure out how I got so lucky...

Before anyone asks, she has no blood sisters and her step-sisters are nowhere near as nifty...:smug:
  13. furiously funky

furiously funky Guest

Dec 28, 2002
    dudes, it's the golden rule. "do on to others as you would have them do on to do". Imagine if SHE had an interest you knew nothing about and she spent all her time with that interest, and she had very little time for you. and when you were together, she still talked about this other activity most of the time. how would you feel??
    i try not to mention it all the time, and there's no point mentioning gear (she doesn't care or know what i'm talking about anyway). however, if she loves you, she will be interested in your interests FOR YOU (but not to the same degree of obsession you are)
    this seems to have worked for me so far. maybe it will work for someone else. :)
  14. as hard as it may be...

drop the bass gear for a bit,and give her attention...

you may like it :)
  15. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Women live for attention. GIVER HER SOME MORE.
  16. Uh...maybe this is a dumb question...IS your glockenklang more important to you?

If not, get your bootay in gear, and show her how much she means to you!
  17. zoran

May 10, 2002
    Thanks for advice all you folks, I'm now in serious g.a.s. situation and it's time to slow down a little bit. With glockenklang I'm only tried to bring some fun in thread but problem still remains. "Foriously funky" I've read your advice and totally agree. I talk now less about my equipment and more about "you now what I mean" things.
  18. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    What was her point?
  19. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I have to say that my wife is the most understanding person I know. I have ALOT of useless basses & Every thine I buy another, she's OK with it.

Just tell you wife. "You know what, you're right, I'm gonna stop spending my money on bass gear. Look at all this extra $$$ we have!!! I'll see you later, my friends are going to the strip joint & I wanna go this time."

20. yeah....heh,tell her atleast you're not spending it on drugs or strippers or anything...unless you buy bassgear and pot! :eek: